Watching two Russians Drivering tracked Tinger AATV in various conditions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Watching two Russians Drivering tracked Tinger AATV in various conditions

Watching two Russians Drivering tracked Tinger AATV in various conditions

So I am watching these two Russians drive two Tinger's up hills in the swamp etc and I am watching what they do right and what they do wrong. The rubber tracked wheeled vehicle is a lot like an Argo without an Admiral transmission, everything is done by skid steer without the smooth turning provided by an Admiral. I note the the Tinger with suspension is a lot faster and rides a lot smoother. I note that when they start climbing hills the wheeled machine has a big advantage because it puts more track on the ground, the machine with suspension looks like it is going to flip trying to make it up the same hill.

It got really interesting in the swamp area, the wheeled machine with tracks goes through some awful swamp peat several times and each time just barely makes in and out. I am thinking the machine with suspension would never make through this hole simply because he doesn't put as much track on the ground.

As I watch the tracked wheel machine going in and and I am thinking, wow he is spinning those tracks way to fast, if he would simply slow down let the machine settle ease on the gas that machine would pull out. I noted latter in video that when he slowed down the tracks he had more success.

I am also thinking, man if I had my Argo there with Adair tracks I would walk through the muskeg like it was nothing. I would make that difficult situation look a walk in the park.

Finally I am thinking the tracked machine with suspension would be so much fun in the snow and on the trail but it is heavy and has it's disadvantages.

Final evaluation is wow, those Tinger machines are really nice but compared to my Argo their transmissions suck and those rubber tracks that are great 80% of the time, but man would they suck trying to follow my tracked Argo through the swamp.

Final thoughts: The Tracked machine with suspension has more ground clearance and the attack angle might have made the suspended machine more effective in the peat hole, we will never know because the operator did not try it. I wish he had at least tried it.

The machine with the rear engine and suspension is very quick, I noted in another video that it had a manual transmission from a car or other atv. The front drive Tinger (Argo knockoff) has a cvt just like most atvs. That machine is bigger than an Argo though and probably nearer to a Muddox in size.

I do agree with you that the rubber tracks impede both machines and would love to see what the Adair or similar tracks would do for them. I think that the rubber tracks probably are a better choice for a machine with a suspension as they have more give. Maybe a suspension system for the seats like modern ztr mowers have would be the ticket, or some sort of air bagged platform where the seats mount.

I bet we could have some real fun in that tundra and peat bog. Looks like a fun place to play.

+ Reply to Thread