Balloon tire question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balloon tire question

Balloon tire question

ok maybe this has been discused b4 but i have a 70s max i just pu for 500$ and it has orig balloon tires- can you just fill up with a rubber like fill like a gell that stays soft but stays rubbery? not foam that wont work it stays firm and will dent

You are in for an expense to replace those old balloons with modern day tires and wheels.Even if you could add something it would weigh the machine down terribly...

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman17joe View Post
    ok maybe this has been discused b4 but i have a 70s max i just pu for 500$ and it has orig balloon tires- can you just fill up with a rubber like fill like a gell that stays soft but stays rubbery? not foam that wont work it stays firm and will dent
    You might be able to just fill them with slime, and air them up. Run them right away though, dont let them just set around. You can get slime in gallon jugs... I have had very good results with slime in my mowers and wheelers. I also have an old "3 bolt" max that has 2 tires that leak, its amazing that 4 of those old firestones still hold air!!

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    You are in for an expense to replace those old balloons with modern day tires and wheels.Even if you could add something it would weigh the machine down terribly...
    I been thinking, of all the chinese copy stuff out there youd think they would make these tires!!

+ Reply to Thread