Mikuni VM 38 float height? Charging voltage?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mikuni VM 38 float height? Charging voltage?

Mikuni VM 38 float height? Charging voltage?

I am looking for the float height for the VM 38 on a G50B. I started with 21/32 and gas would flow out of the over flow tube at idle. I have pulled the carb several times to adjust the floats down and I have settled at 24/32, which I believe is the lowest float spec setting. So now I don't get gas pouring out of the overflow until I rev up the engine. Do I dare set them any lower? I replaced the float valve with a 1.5 and there was a 3.0 in it originally. I am stumped. Any help is appreciated. Also should the charging voltage be around 14 volts? I get into the high 12s at half throttle. Seems low to me. I have a new stator installed. Thanks

Charging voltage should be between 14 and 14.7 volts. be sure to fully charge your battery first with a charger.

Thank you I will charge the battery. If that doesnt do it, I should look into a new regulator. I cant seem to find any testing specs for the charging system so it's kind of a guessing game

+ Reply to Thread