16 hp vanguard .

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 16 hp vanguard .

16 hp vanguard .

Hi all ...I really need some answers here ..been asking everywhere .
    I have a vanguard 16 hp I want to put in my 78 8 or 6 wheeler. Taking tecumseh out .now I don't know what this briggs is from .but the shaft for my clutch is like 35 mm give or take .. my tecumseh is like 29 but a stub shaft . ..the briggs is like 4" long .. I know someone knows what clutch will fit on this motor 😎👌👌. Also the oil filter is in the way of the left brake disk ... Any help to start will be great .... I have lots of pictures involved here ...I'll have to figure out how to use this site . Thanks anyone that can help me out 😉🆘🆘🆘

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    The only thing that I could come up with on a 16hp Briggs Vanguard (model 405447) is the standard PTO shaft is 1x3"(25.4x76.2 mm) while the 18 hp (model 356447) has one application of a PTO shaft at 1 3/8x 3.328 (35.052x84.5 mm). Because the 16 and 18 are basicly the same engine, there very well could be a 16 hp application that I didn't see. Briggs could have also made engines for a specific application for a now non existing company???? As for your oil filter, Briggs does offer a remote oil filter application. Is the oil filter just too long? Could you maybe just use the short Briggs filter? just a thought.

Briggs model numbers 30 3447
    Type 1078-E1
    Code 99051211
    Briggs 16 hp vanguard twin
    Anyone have that motor in there argo or wheeler ? I'm just trying to fine the right clutch that fits that shaft ��
    I'm not up on how to properly use these forums yet .

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    If you go to
    argo adventures.com and then free manuals. You can do some searching for different models that are running a 16 Vanguard engine. Anything after 91 or mid 92 were using the Vanguard. The 6x6 had the 16 in them, the 8x8 seem to have the 18 hp. The 95 Vanguard ran a 16 hp Vanguard engine and used argo clutch 127-37. The 95 Responce used an 18 hp Vanguard with Argo clutch 127-73. Hopefully that is some help. Cross reference the PTO shaft sizes between the engine used in the 6x6 to the engine you have to see if the clutch will fit. Then hope you can find a good used one.

Hey thanks everyone for the information. I did come up with my own solution... Lol . Paint on the shaft and fit oner clutch twist it it will show where to take down in a vice with a die grinder �� fits tight .. straight and only an hour and a half or careful patience ���� no $ ��. No to carry on with the brake caliper moding . Almost mocked up . Lots of pictures through out the process .

+ Reply to Thread