Swim tire?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Swim tire?

I have a SPD Wedge with the Jet Drive. Do you think they would at least steer properly on the water without modifying the tires?

I couldn't realy answer that. I would think most likely not. most of my steering in the water comes from leaning . Probley 80% leaning side to side and 20% stopping one side or the other

I have these tires on my attex 6 of them even have 1 pair pattern in reverse. They don't swim hardly at all

Momentum is key with these tires
    in water

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    I just used side cutters and lots of patience I think there was 72 knobs per tire ti cut off. Took about 45 minutes a tire
    Any oscillating tool with correct blade will zip those lugs off quick. Just my 2 cents but worked well.

Genius! That will be the next tool I buy if I do this mod again

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    https://youtu.be/WG151ac9FHA

Well this is a bit of an old thread now but here's here's video of my vanguard 2 with modified duro mud and snow tires in the water. Not fast by any means but they will defidently keep you moving
    Thanks for the video. Looks like a good swimmer.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread