Went and looked at a 2007 Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Went and looked at a 2007 Max IV

Went and looked at a 2007 Max IV

Well I bought a 1998 Argo Conquest a couple of months ago. I’ve had a few older ones over the years. It had 276 hours on the clock. I fully serviced it along with all new chains and bearings as some were starting to have some excessive play. It’s a very nice machine. I seen a 2007 Max IV 1050T with 29 HP Kaw EFI for sale in Calgary on Kijiji so I figured I had to go have a look. It had 340 hours and all new chains on one side and track kit ,windshield , winch, Rops and top. After taking it for a ride and sizing it up I decided to keep my Argo. No room in front for two people. Wife got in with me and it was way tighter than my Argo. Also would have to stay twisted to operate the sticks.That wouldn’t go over to well for the old back. I can sit straight up and in a comfortable position to operate my Argo with both of us in the front seat.Also a lot more leg rloom for us in the Argo. Didn’t like how engine sat so high up in the machine above transmission effecting the enter of gravity of machine. Owner said he had to pull engine to redo two rear axle bearings. Was way louder as well I guess because engine sits so high with only screens around it where as my Argo engine is tucked away down low and covered and I can carry on a conversation easy with the misses. Also wimpy little partial front and rear skid plate with nothing underneath the center of machine. Also body seemed to be of a thinner material than my Argo. Liked the idea of bearing cages though and triple bearings. Well that’s my take on the comparison of the 2007 Max IV and my 1998 Argo Conquest. B76B274A-BDE8-4AAC-8956-D1653C4A0495.jpgD583560A-C420-475B-AB93-9768F0799A8F.jpg

Good info and comparisons

+ Reply to Thread