Voltage regulator test?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Voltage regulator test?

Voltage regulator test?

Is it possible to test a voltage regulator? Working on a G50B. I have installed a new stator. I get 12 volts at idle and about 12.8 volts at half throttle. I have tested DC voltage at the regulator connector and show these readings. Is there something else I should be looking at? Thanks in advance

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    What engine is it?

The regulator is only a rectifier on most old machines. So you can check it with a diode test function on a digital multi meter. Should get about .7 volt drop from the input (yellow leads) to the output (red lead)

It is a Chaparral G50B

So I just test the red to yellow leads with the engine off and a fully charged battery?

Check the regulator disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    The regulator is only a rectifier on most old machines. So you can check it with a diode test function on a digital multi meter. Should get about .7 volt drop from the input (yellow leads) to the output (red lead)
    I have .5 volts on one yellow lead and the other yellow lead is OL. I assume the rectifier is no good. Thank you very much for your help!!

Any idea where I can find a new rectifier? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread