Very Sad Day

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Very Sad Day

Very Sad Day

Big Greenie was sold to a Virginia gentleman out of Great Falls area. It was a sad day for Kris, she absolutely loved that machine. I tried for a long time to make sure Big Greenie was a 100% when we went to a Gathering. My back just could not handle it anymore. Sending Dan Edwards videos to the new owner was a major factor, his videos of Big Greenie told the story of what it could do. Thank you Dan. We will miss the friends that we made over the last 6 years. Good By

dear deedee and kris ... we sure had alot of wonderfull years as fellow riders and great friends you have been for the whole group . big greenie was a awesome machine and with you at the controls .. well , just think of all the good karma you collected pulling out so many stuck machines . ( i probably have a high no. of pulls ! ) better not to beat up your back anymore , and hopefully since you and kris live so close you can drive over for a day and have a nice visit with us at one of the gatherings if you like . each one of us will have our time also when it's time to give it up. johnboy va. , friend for life

Ralph and Kris, truly a sad day and you both will be missed. As John wrote you 2 will have to try to make a day trip one outing as we all missed our goodbyes and final rides with you both. We will put you 2 in with Gil or Scott and Jon and let you relax.

We will miss seeing you.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thank you both for being there when we needed you. It was a pleasure having meet and ridden with you both and wishing you the very best in whichever trail you choose to follow.

Very sad day is right. I knew the day would come but not just yet. Ralph, i hope your back gets better or at best doesn't get worse. I have always enjoyed talking with you and Kris since the first time we met. You both will be greatly missed. I am very happy to have met both of you in life. Enjoy reyirement and keep traveling and enjoying life. Hope to see you guys like Jim said just for a goodbye. Take care both of you

Even though we never met, I feel as though I know you guys. Hate to see you sell the machine. This is an addictive hobby, so I think you will be back with another machine in the future. I always enjoyed your videos and commentary. I hope to meet you folks down the road in person and with your new machine then.

Ralph, The last time I was at Busco your machine ran out of fuel in the middle of the worst mud I have ever seen, I was parked directly in front with my winch ready to help pull you out when you finally got that diesel engine fired. I was looking at the mud and thinking to myself, "He will never get that machine moving moving in that awful mud" I was also thinking we were going to need at least one other machine to help pull you out. Much to my surprise I saw you ease on the sticks and that Ox begin to move forward. I was stunned. I had my hand on the winch but I didn't need it. I should have had my hand on the camera because that machine pulled right out of that awful mud. We will miss you Ralph, miss your sweet wife, and that diesel powered Mudd Ox.

deedee ....just curious , was working on the machine bending over hard on your back or the bumpy ride , or both ? j.b.

Sorry to hear it,
    but you'll be back....

I am really late replying to this thread but I wanted to say that I will miss you two. I always had a great time riding the trails with you and talking. I remember one time on a ride, we were stopped while a number of riders were working on a machine on the trail and we had great conversation while we waited. I hope to see you again someday even if it's not in a machine. We all come for the trail riding, but the best part is the people we meet on the way. I hope you two are doing well and are enjoying your grandkids.
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

+ Reply to Thread