Hustler Newbie - Help identifying this one?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler Newbie - Help identifying this one?

Hustler Newbie - Help identifying this one?

Hey all, I've just recently purchased my first 6x6 from marketplace and I'm not exactly sure what I've got. It's a hustler 4 seater with the briggs 18hp V and T20 transmission. I'm trying to figure out the year and model or where to look for an identification tag. Also, what do you think of the tires on it? They're mud crushers, not your typical rawhides I see on these. Thanks for your input!
    Attached Images

Welcome to the site and congrats on your machine. It looks like a 950. Those tires probably won't swim very good but give them a try first. Turn them around so the Vee of the tread is biting the water rather than parting the water. Also, the deeper the machine drafts the less effective the tires are at propelling it in the water.

Good looking machine. Let us know how it performs.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely try swapping the tires around, that makes sense. So far it runs really well. Another fear I have is, could those tires eat up the trans being so aggressive? I've been taking it easy

The tires won't hurt the transmission. The t20 is very rugged. Just keep clean fluid in it and the bands properly adjusted and it will last a long time.

[IMG][/IMG]

What model Hustler is this?
    Last edited by akranger72; 09-26-2021 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Didnt add text

950? definitely not a tall tub 980?

+ Reply to Thread