Hustler 23HP T-20 issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hustler 23HP T-20 issues

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    It looks to me like the center plate is worn on the ends. Newer models have a slot in the ends for thrust washer tang. This stops the thrust washers from spinning and wearing the center plate. Be advised that all the bushings are not sized. Once pressed in they have to be fit. With the wear I see on your ring gear drums they should polish up well and not be very far under specs. The band surfaces in video is easily polished. 200 RPM in a lathe with 100 grit paper gives nice dull finish. You don’t want mirror finish where bands run. I can get you the dimensions of center support if you want. Text me at 907-388-8582.
    I'll text you tomorrow, I was looking around and found the end plate picture http://www.6x6world.com/images/t20-s...ainer-ring.jpg, My end plate doesn't have a tang left, that may be where some of the end play is. So I might have to add an extra thrust washer and cut a notch in the end plate, or get another end plate.

Quote Originally Posted by gfleharty View Post
    I'll text you tomorrow, I was looking around and found the end plate picture http://www.6x6world.com/images/t20-s...ainer-ring.jpg, My end plate doesn't have a tang left, that may be where some of the end play is. So I might have to add an extra thrust washer and cut a notch in the end plate, or get another end plate.
    I talked to Matt at Mudd-OX yesterday, he gave me some more background on the Skid-Steer transmission. There have been numerous manufacturers of this transmissions over the last 40 years, and many design changes. Including the tang type washers were not used on every transmission because the center plates were made differently. He said that the master rebuild kit includes all the standard thrust washers. I will update the thread when I get the kit and start putting it together.

+ Reply to Thread