I converted our older Vanguard to a generic mountain bike brake lever for throttle control, as the twist throttle would leave both my wife's and my wrist hurting after just 10-15 minutes of riding.

The entire setup is DIY using parts sourced online, all in was less than $30. It works GREAT, so much better than the twist throttle; easier on the hand and wrist, easier to maintain a stead throttle, and can still keep good control of the right stick for braking/turning.

The only problem is that it lever does not have enough throw to be able to get full throttle actuation. The 16hp Vanguard has SO much throttle throw needed to achieve full throttle... It's not a huge deal as it gets maybe 85%-90% throttle, but that extra little last bit would be nice, especially for longer water crossings...

Before buying this lever, I tried a universal thumb throttle assembly, a Yamaha ATV thumb throttle assembly, and even a Yamaha ATV brake lever assembly, but they all had the same issue (actually worse) and wouldn't achieve anywhere near full throttle.

So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a specific hand lever that CAN get a full throttle actuation on the Vanguard engine?

Thanks!