Twist throttle to brake lever throttle conversion

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Twist throttle to brake lever throttle conversion

Another thing I did with the brake lever was I drilled a couple hole in the lever so that when pulled I can then insert a pin/ nail into the hole to hold the throttle open. This way if I get high centered or no traction situation I can pin the throttle open and allows me to go hands off so I can grab the roll bars and rock the piss out of the argo till she starts getting traction and pulling out of the immobility. The throttle is not pinned wide open so I have the opportunity to pull the pin and regain throttle control on the extraction from the stuck.
    I drilled two holes so I get two different RPMs settings. This works great when in the water for extended periods of time.
    I drilled the holes in the portion of the brake lever that when closed recesses into the mounting bracket portion of the brake control. Obvious but clarification for those that may not understand. I use one of those pins that have a pull ring and paracorded to the tiller. when not in use I just store in the end of the tiller grip. I wish it were easier to load pics on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    Another thing I did with the brake lever was I drilled a couple hole in the lever so that when pulled I can then insert a pin/ nail into the hole to hold the throttle open. This way if I get high centered or no traction situation I can pin the throttle open and allows me to go hands off so I can grab the roll bars and rock the piss out of the argo till she starts getting traction and pulling out of the immobility. The throttle is not pinned wide open so I have the opportunity to pull the pin and regain throttle control on the extraction from the stuck.
    I drilled two holes so I get two different RPMs settings. This works great when in the water for extended periods of time.
    I drilled the holes in the portion of the brake lever that when closed recesses into the mounting bracket portion of the brake control. Obvious but clarification for those that may not understand. I use one of those pins that have a pull ring and paracorded to the tiller. when not in use I just store in the end of the tiller grip. I wish it were easier to load pics on this site.
    That's a pretty good idea sir

That's sort of the reason why I tried an old Yamaha brake lever that I had laying around. It was a rear brake lever and it had the parking brake built into it. Pull the lever back and push down a spring loaded tab, and it would hold the lever down at what would have been about 75% throttle. A quick squeeze of the throttle and the tab would automatically release and spring open so the lever would be able to spring back to idle. Thought that would have been pretty cool

All 2020+ argo come with thumb throttle. Including the frontier 600 with 18hp briggs. Just order and install.

+ Reply to Thread