Adair track review on 21 frontier 600 6x6 18hp

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adair track review on 21 frontier 600 6x6 18hp

Adair track review on 21 frontier 600 6x6 18hp

So I finally received my Adair tracks, install was a breeze and pretty simple. I find the ride is slower and bumpier with the tracks in the northeast woods. I find the tracks make my machine much more stable in the water. Swimming is slower but not unbearable. You have to lean to steer or turn opposite to get the machine going in a different direction. I’m using low range more now with the tracks. I think I would recommend a high torque transmission if I was recommending an Argo to anyone. I think skid steer torque is most important on these. Speed not so much. The tracks do chew up the trail a bit but with careful driving, you can mitigate damage. In the swamp it was unstoppable crawling like a farm tractor. Rocks n roots and even getting into an enclosed trailer ramp can be a pain, machine wants to slide on the wood due to the UHMW grousers. Overall I’m happy with the tracks. Mike at Adair Argo is a hell of a nice guy. Answered all my questions and was very helpful. Hope this helps someone out new to Argo wanting tracks. And yes you can get stuck fairly easily with tracks, watch them grass humps in the swamp. They can sneak high side you and your stuck.

I find the tracks lessen some of the little bumps on the trail due to the elimination of that bump hitting each tire. The only thing I have found to stop these tracks is a large branch/ stick getting in between the tires and track.

Hello Trevorakm1, That’s a good thing to watch out for. I guess the right stick between the tires and grousers and you could put a nice hole in the tire. Like with any upgrade I guess theirs a price possibly to pay.

Tracks are a great accessory

Grizzly10, I'm glad you got your tracks and you seem to be enjoying them. I have had my machine out several times (with tracks) now into our cattail marsh land and even had a 3,5 inch "branch" hung up between the tracks and the body that I never knew was there until i got the machine home and started washing it down. I have been through some incredible muck and brush with my Argo (650 Frontier 6x6). I have yet to get it into a spot I could not get out of or needed to winch out (wood knock). I pretty much make my own trails. I agree the machine will slide sideways on wet branches/trees and rocks with the Mud Pro tracks but through muck and brush, it's a tank. I dealt with Mike at Adair also and I fully agree with your observations on superb sales/support. I know I could not get through my land hardly at all without my Argo with tracks. I am still impressed with this machine every time I take it out. I abuse my machine and it keeps coming back to me (grinning if it could) "Is that all you got for me today?". Get dirty and have some fun!

sounds like you have your machine setup just right and a great place to put it to any challenge , lots of piece of mind with a tracked machine . i don't hesitate to try any bad mud holes , etc . with my half track max 2 . i have gotten stuck and have lost a track , but that's the fun part also ! johnboy va.

Hi Futureboy61, I’m enjoying the tracks for sure. The marshland your riding sounds like a good time with the tracks. Glad your enjoying them as well. Post some videos if you can . I enjoy good Argo videos.

Hi John, I’m definitely pushing my luck for sure. I installed a warn remote for my winch, so I’m ready. If I go swimming at least when I get to shore with the cable , I can reel her in. Lol.... Hope it don’t happen honestly. I usually carry a heavy bass rod and heavy braided line, so if I call for help I can cast one of the boys the hook or rope etc. works awesome in a jam.

+ Reply to Thread