Fuel Tank Breather Hose

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel Tank Breather Hose

Fuel Tank Breather Hose

Hi, 2012 Frontier 650. Where is the breather hose end? I can’t find any info/diagrams to show the intake end to clean if needed. I have a lack of power and want to rule the breather out.
    Thanks

Breather hose goes from air cleaner to breather, you have to unbolt air cleaner.
    Are you certain you are running on both cylinders? 23s are plenty engine.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Hi , I’m a little confused. My manual says the fuel tank breather hose runs from fuel filler neck somewhere left under the top plastic body. It’s a vague description to me. I had no idea it runs to the air filter housing. I’m aware there is a breather barb on the bottom of my air filter housing with nothing connected to it. The local Briggs mechanic said it’s not used in Australia just California and to cap it off. I’ll try to post a photo of it. Have you got any photos I can refer to for the route of the tubing?

How do I test for the running on both cylinders?

Quote Originally Posted by Peterac View Post
    Hi , I’m a little confused. My manual says the fuel tank breather hose runs from fuel filler neck somewhere left under the top plastic body. It’s a vague description to me. I had no idea it runs to the air filter housing. I’m aware there is a breather barb on the bottom of my air filter housing with nothing connected to it. The local Briggs mechanic said it’s not used in Australia just California and to cap it off. I’ll try to post a photo of it. Have you got any photos I can refer to for the route of the tubing?
    Oh ok 2 different things, the breather is generally spoken of for the engine crankcase pressure.
    The fuel tank vent is a 1/4' clear hose that runs from tank fill tube across the body and then to the vent at the rear of passenger side of Argo.
    If you want to know if it runs on both cylinders you can either use a infrared thermometer where the exhaust exits the engine, or more simply remove 1 spark plug wire at a time to see that both cylinders are firing. You may also wish to adjust the valves but that may be best left to a mechanic.
    I recently had the jets partially clogged twice over 30 miles.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Just to clarify,
    “across the body and then to the vent at the rear of passenger side of Argo.” Is this across, behind front passenger side to a vent or rear passenger to a vent? I can’t find clear tubing when I reach under yellow cross member behind front bench seat or rear yellow top body above tow hitch. Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterac View Post
    Just to clarify,
    “across the body and then to the vent at the rear of passenger side of Argo.” Is this across, behind front passenger side to a vent or rear passenger to a vent? I can’t find clear tubing when I reach under yellow cross member behind front bench seat or rear yellow top body above tow hitch. Hope that makes sense.
    I'm sorry a slight mix up on my end, the tank breather on the 650HD is under the hood near the fuse box but center of machine and should look similar to the fuel filter but vented to the atmosphere.

Ah, got it. Yes I’ve seen that in there. Thanks for following up my questions, much appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread