Duro HF 243 Testing Swimming Ability and Review

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Duro HF 243 Testing Swimming Ability and Review

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    Mine are 22's and I believe they are 9 1/2" wide
    That’s pretty narrow for a tire that’s labeled 11” wide.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

That's aired up to 5 psi at the top of the tire on the machine

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    That’s pretty narrow for a tire that’s labeled 11” wide.
    I just got around to measuring mine, and I got 2 different measurements. On the front, with all the extra engine weight, I got about 10 inches. On the rear where tire tires are noticeably less "squished" I got 9.5.

You're right, that is less than I expected for an 11 inch tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett20200 View Post
    I just got around to measuring mine, and I got 2 different measurements. On the front, with all the extra engine weight, I got about 10 inches. On the rear where tire tires are noticeably less "squished" I got 9.5.

You're right, that is less than I expected for an 11 inch tire.
    Any time you put an ATV tire on a wide Argo or Max rim you are gonna loss some ride height and a little width.

Thanks for the review! I’m in the same pickle with my 2000 conquest 8x8 and my bald tires. Dealer wants a blond one over $300cad each. If the markup wasn’t bad enough shipping wasn’t included. At the time of this post the duros are $93 at royal distributing so that’s what I’m leaning towards. One thing. Can anyone tell me if they’ll work in the super tracks? If the 22x11-8 duros measure 9.5-10” maybe I should get the 22x12-8? Has anybody ran those in plastic tracks? I’m not rich enough to roll the dice on that much rubber not to have them fit. At the same time if the 22x11-8’s are too narrow I’m no better off. Long story longer I only use the tracks in snow so maybe I’ll be fine regarding the tracks wanting to walk off?

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    I put a set of Cougar brand on my 6x6. Came from Fort9 out of Montreal. 6 tires, 2ply, aggressive tread, and work fine in the supertracks. Around the 550 dollar mark, if my memory serves me right, which may be questionable at times, taxes in, free shipping.

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    Dang. Told you memory is not good. Got my animals mixed up. Caribou not cougers. Just checked the website. Must have got mine on sale or prices have jumped in a year. Still not bad.

Thanks Laird!

+ Reply to Thread