A Frontier and Adair tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: A Frontier and Adair tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I might have a short swimming video later today. Just aluminum paddles 1x2x1/4” thick first, then a comparison with longer rubber paddles added to the aluminum. On a 22-1/2” wide center axles half-track. On hard ground it puts the rear tire 2 to 2-1/2” off the ground and turns the easiest of anything I’ve tried so far

Waiting on those videos Buzz, gotta see those videos Buzz, where are the videos Buzz? Gotta to see that half track video Buzz! Gotta see the swimming videos Buzz.

that a boy dan !! should be interesting .....j.b.

swim video uploading to youtube now. Will post shortly. I played around with the throttle a bit, I think 1/2 to 2/3 throttle ideal. Anyway you’ll see me messing around with throttle and occasionally stopping track altogether on one side. Also, there is no reduction of machine’s top speed with half tracks as compared to stock tires only. And no track tuners required for elevated belt Bush Tracks. 1.5” UV stabilized UHMW grousers, made in the USA 4-ply 4x1 belting. Full thickness grade-8 through bolts, Unwearable/unbreakable hinge. Run Flat design, easy on/off machine. 22-1/2” wide, 68lb dry weight. I should probably have this on a different thread?

Alaska Bush Tracks
    AK Bushbuster Half-Track swimming video

https://youtu.be/_TDVMIsvdU8

Not an adair track, maybe it should be a separate thread?
    Last edited by Buzz; 06-13-2021 at 01:15 PM.

first of all buzz ...what gorgeous country . i loved seeing those little patches of snow up on the high mnts. the tracks looked like they swam really well and they look cool on the middle tires . climbed right out of the lake and up the steep bank with no problem . with the way my half tracks perform on my max 2 , i see no reason to run full ones again . thanks for posting . if i'm ever up that way i will stop by . johnboy va.

Buzz thanks for sharing, I have wanted to see your half track system every since you talked about it. As for your machine, the half track seems to be a good compromise between swim speed and mobility. As far as swim speed, that machine is very fast for a semi tracked machine and I applaud your efforts in making something that is already very good better. I would be afraid of clearance issues with the half track design but I never heard them pop the while you turning those tracks at a very good speed in the water.
    I have two sisters that live very close to you, perhaps I may get to see that machine in action some day.

Sooooo, Buzz, when do we get to see your 8x8 Bush tracks with paddles in the water???? Got to see those bush tracks with paddles Buzz. You said you would post a video Buzz.

soon Dan 😊 I like your style
    I gotta edit some Swamp/mud holes footage of the half tracks out in Petersville. They did great. I’ll mount some paddles to a full track (aurora 8x8) and drop it in the lake for all to see very soon. It’s next on the docket. A conquest starter swap called today and I had to service my machine as well. Fyi, you can just roll the belt right off the aurora/avenger clutches if you need to swap, although it is nice to have the argo t-handle tool ($5-10?) or use a valve cover bolt you mentioned (easier on the finger tips).

Great videos Buzz. Really like the half tracks

+ Reply to Thread