2021 Frontier idler chains adjustment question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2021 Frontier idler chains adjustment question

2021 Frontier idler chains adjustment question

Hey everybody, so excited, just purchased a new 2021Argo frontier 6x6. So, after the first two hours, I'm supposed to adjust the idler chains. Nothing new, I have my old 85 8x8, not my first time wrenching on an argo. Anyway, got the firewall removed, grabbed the 15/16" socket to loosen the clamp nuts, and low and behold I can't get to the first one. The first being the one closest to the adjustment nuts. The actual gear and idler are right in the way!! What am I missing? It almost looks like I need to remove the idler chain to get at it or some kind of special socket or whatever. Any ideas? I'm not passed being an idiot either!!! Ha ha! Just wondering if anyone has ran into this problem? Thanks!

Congrats on your new machine. Good luck with it. I just adjusted mine last month. Of course I can’t precisely remember. Lol. Gettin old. It was easy, it was my first time. Revisit it again. I beleive I used a wrench or got it from the other side. I had a 20” 1/2” drive ratchet to break it loose which made it easy. Sorry I can’t precisely help but I didn’t experience not being able to loosen those long bolts. Hope you get it.

Hey thanks for the answer. Well my inner idiot was the problem! Ha ha. I was looking at the manual and trying from the wrong side!! At least I got it. Thanks again.

Lol. Next time just tape the manual to the transmission to avoid any confusion. .. Glad you got it.

+ Reply to Thread