Is there a way to reduce vacuum to the fuel pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is there a way to reduce vacuum to the fuel pump

it will create a pressure drop at a specific flow rate. reduced flow but will still probably flood at idle. you could loop the fuel line back to the fuel pump inlet through a tee at the carb but you should add a a valve to atmosphere in the return loop to vent the air out of the line to make sure the the line is full. air in the line will probably give the pump fits..
    Acta non verba

you could put a "T" in the pulse line and use a needle valve to vent a controlled amount to atmosphere
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superchief500 View Post
    I haven't thought about that. It's worth looking into. Do they require a return line? Thanks!
    Nope, no return line. Just make sure you get a low pressure pump and you should be good to go. If you're still overpowering your needle with only 2-3 PSI coming from the fuel line then you know the issue is your needle and seat and not a pressure issue. Good luck, let us know how it works out!

I am dealing with this same issue. I got a new Mikuni Pulse pump and I have a 73 Attex with a mikuni carb on it. New floats and new needle. Please let me know what you find out...

Quote Originally Posted by budzinsk View Post
    I am dealing with this same issue. I got a new Mikuni Pulse pump and I have a 73 Attex with a mikuni carb on it. New floats and new needle. Please let me know what you find out...
    I just went through this myself. Mikuni vm30 original superchief carb and the fuel pump was overpowering the needle and seat. put new needle and seat in and still the same. Ended up replacing pulse pump with a new one and problem solved. Would've never guessed that!!

Thanks.... I guess I will need to try this. I am not sure what else it could be. It seems the gas is coming out of the 2 air holes in it but not when it is just sitting with an electric pump to it. When I drive it with the vacuum pump it is leaking. The other thing I noticed is gas was soaking through the carb to manifold gaskets. I ordered new gasket making paper that is good for gas....

+ Reply to Thread