Meh Max too

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Meh Max too

Thank you sir!

Greased her up today. Hopefully I can pick up the starter tomorrow and get it put back together. Then I?ll warm it up and change the oil. Hopefully I?ll get it all ready to start being used. Might even install the winch?

Sounds like you are having a great time "getting to know" your machine. You will be thrilled to take that first ride.

One place many people have trouble is with the belt tension and alignment. If you don't get it right you won't have an as enjoyable first ride. Let us know when you get to that point if you need help.

I am! Lubed the chains yesterday also. But I was only able to find two interior grease zerks. The two idler shafts on either side of the transmission. Are there any others on these older models? I was reading last night that the older models might or might not have more grease points depending on upgrades?

Also, for the front winch. Do they just mount on the upper body with a wide interior plate? I?m probably going to build the mounting hardware my self. Then I?ll eventually add a second winch to the back.

I plan to use it hard, in the mountains so I want it to be as reliable and capable as I can get it.

I had the generator gone through and tested. It starts great, but the generator isn?t charging unless I rev up the engine. It bounces heavily from charging to having a heavy draw only to stop on 3 amps then stops charging. Not sure what?s going on with it. Maybe I just need to drive it more, so everything wears in?

Yesterday, I got a fair amount done on a dog box for the max. It?s 52? wide, 32?? tall and 36? deep. The top 6? will be a storage rack.

I don?t know what changed, but I can?t upload any pictures from my Iphone. I get an error that my pictures are too big, even if I resize them.

Generators do not provide a constant charge. The faster they spin the more they charge, thus you see the needle move as rpm's increase. As a side note, an alternator provides constant charge.

But, you shouldn't see a discharge at idle unless you have something drawing power - lights on, pump on, a short, fuel pump, winch activity. I don't know what engine you have, but the typical small engine does not draw current in order to run, so your engine shouldn't be the culprit.

I don't know if the regulator/rectifier will create a draw if it fails.

That makes much more sense, thank you! As far as I can tell, no accessories are on. I should probably test the regulator to see if it has a parasitic draw. I have a 16 horse Briggs. Thinking I will probably have to upgrade to a larger engine due to the amount weight I will be carrying in the snow. Then I will add a alternator along with a spare battery. I just built a 4?x3? dog box for the back and I plan to have up to 6 hounds in it. That?ll be a easy extra 400lbs including a spare can of fuel, a chainsaw and tools.

Actually if the generator is turning slow it can/will show a slight discharge. Depends on how sensitive the gauge is. An easy fix if it is belt driven is to change the drive pulley to a smaller diameter.

It?s more than a slight draw. It goes to about a -8 amp draw but it?s bouncing back and forth from -8 to 0. Then as ai accelerated, it goes to maybe +3 or +5 amps. The guy at the shop said it was acting funny but looked brand new inside. He replaced the front bearing and that was all that was wrong.

So I took it out for a test run yesterday. put a few miles on it and had some fun. It sure is rough on a rocky road lol. But it performed more poorly than I had hoped in the crusty snow. I hope it does better when I put tracks on it, which I assume it will. I think I?m going to make a dual shifter set for it. I had issues with one side of the transmission engaging and the other side not. Plus I think turning will be much easier, not dragging one side around.

+ Reply to Thread