Meh Max too

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Meh Max too

Ordered wheel spacers for it the other day. Still waiting for them to come in. I decided it would be faster to order them than build them. I don?t have a cnc table so it would have been slow going and a inconsistent product. So I?m trying to decide on a type of wheel guide on the tracks and whether to make them out of aluminum, plastic or steel.

Finished up the dog box. Wheel spacers came in last week and I have all of the tracks. I just need to buy the materials for making hinges and tire guides. I plan to build a cab over the summer. Oh I also made a deal to buy a 18.5 hp 3cyl Kubota diesel. I hope to pick it up Wednesday evening. I will swap that over the summer also. I plan to install a heater and run ducting into the cab and dog box.

Here’s a link to some pictures.
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/6Q2Fjkm

When I build the cab, I plan to build it all out of aluminum. I will cut the back half of the top tub off, making a tilt bed for engine access. For the windshield, I?m gonna use a Suzuki Samurai windshield because it?s significantly cheaper than buying an argo windshield. I can?t even find a Max windshield. I will also install the Samurai wipers and possibly windshield frame, time will tell when I start fabricating and figure out how the gasket is designed.

The Kubota diesel will fit nice. Here's a view of one in my Max IV.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...-bearings.html

That looks nice! I haven?t decided whether I will add a turbo or not. I believe mine has a low profile oil pan so I hope it sits fairly low. I plan to have a usable flat bed.

Just got my Kubota engine, it?s a D722. Got it for a discount because it got some water down the exhaust and probably into a cylinder. Gonna pull the head off at some point and check the cylinders.

Well I haven?t drove it much yet. I?m still in the process of building tracks for it. I just finished making all the tire guides. Hopefully they work out. I hope to finish building the tracks this week or next week depending on how much free time I get. Might just take the tracks to work with me and work on them during my soft time. I still need to cut the backing plates out, clamp everything together, drill the holes, bolt it together, build the hinges and hinge pins. Still a fair amount of work.

I started making the backing plates for the tire guides. That?s turned out to be a fairly large pain in the ass and is taking longer than the tire guides did. I started stacking 8 plates and then placed a plate on each side of that stack, put a C-clamp on it then drilled the holes. Well half the time the top and bottom plate moves. So it doubled the amount of time it should take. But doing stacks of 8 is faster than doing them individually. I?ll post pictures tomorrow of how everything is turning out. I put 8 or 10 guides on last week to see how it?s going to work out. It should be just fine.

I started making the backing plates for the tire guides. That?s turned out to be a fairly large pain in the ass and is taking longer than the tire guides did. I started stacking 8 plates and then placed a plate on each side of that stack, put a C-clamp on it then drilled the holes. Well half the time the top and bottom plate moves. So it doubled the amount of time it should take. But doing stacks of 8 is faster than doing them individually. I?ll post pictures tomorrow of how everything is turning out. I put 8 or 10 guides on last week to see how it?s going to work out. It should be just fine.

I started building hinges today. After getting 3 half built, I decided to change my design. Instead of using 2 pieces of 1/8?x1? steel flat stock on each side of the hinges, I?m only going to use one piece and then use 1/8?x1? aluminum flat stock as a backing plate.Also I think I should cut the metal drive clips off the tracks since they?re not needed anymore. That should save a few pounds.

sounds good buddy ....really looking forward to some pics of your tracks since i've built and modified my own a few times . it does take time for sure . johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread