Meh Max too

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Meh Max too

John-
    I have tried posting pictures but can?t seem to do it off my phone. Are you the one who I spoke with on YouTube?

i don't think so ...not sure how to post pics , i'm pretty limited on computer stuff jboy

I got home and installed an electronic ignition along with a digital RPM gauge/hr meter. I need to adjust the carb more because it back fired when I test drove it.

Worked on the hinges some more. I finished up the welding and started greasing the ones that had cooled off. By changing my design, I cut almost 50% of the weight. I hope to finish the tracks up completely then install them on Friday.

that's awesome ...i hope someone will come on here and guid you thru how to post pics . i'm looking forward to seeing your tracks . take some good pics , thanks ...and happy thanksgiving johnboy va.

This briggs and stratton engine in the Max is retarded. Today it?s decided that it doesn?t want to fire with the plug wire attached to the spark plug. If I detach it and wedge it 1/4? off the spark pug, it fires up and runs fine.

Brand new plug
    Brand new electronic coil

You guys know what the heck is going on with it? Any ideas?

I?m thinkin maybe the carb is running rich and fouling the plug, by removing the plug wire it?s causing the coil to generate a hotter spark which is making it through the carbon on the plug..

Could it be? Lol
    Bad spark plug wire, grounding out?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

That?s entirely possible, Jim! I changed the coil and spark plug out at the same time because it was doing the same thing. It started up and ran like a champ for half an hour or so. I shut it down and the next morning it was doing it again. I did use a cheap chrinees plug though. I?ll be replacing the plug Friday when I get home, to test my theory of the crappy plug going out because it was hot and then cooled too quickly. If that doesn?t fix it then it will have to be the plug wire or coil.

I?m just confused because it will run just fine if the plug wire can arc onto the top of the spark plug.

I finished assembling the tracks and installed them. I made a couple doughnuts and went for a test drive around the house. I didn?t make it past the first turn lol. The Driver side track came right off. I had the tires all at 5 psi. I?m going to pull the tire guides and flip them around so the 4? side is up. I was afraid to install them that way because I didn?t know it 3? of contact with the track was enough. I guess I have no choice now Ha Ha Ha.

When I built my tracks I went through quite a bit of trial and error to get them right. My tire guides are 3" so that may not be your problem. Getting the length right is probably the most critical part. I run my tires at 6 ,7,6 psi for my tracks and It seams to do well. Biggest problem I have is in the spring when the warmer weather pressurized the tires more and I forget to check. That's when the tracks seam to want to walk off. Tires are duro mud and snow with half the knobbies cut off, and tracks are steel angle iron "ladder" style with conveyor belting on either side and tire guides welded to the grousers

same with my homebuilt tracks ..trial and error then some tweeks here and there , then they work . but i've seen adair mud tracks peel off too . the right conditions and angle can do it . still it's fun !! jboy

+ Reply to Thread