Meh Max too

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Meh Max too

Thanks guys! I?ll measure them to see if they?re different lengths and get a low pressure gauge. I tried to get them all at 5 psi. What should they be at?

Mine run nice at 6,7,6 . It's an argo vanguard 2. It's all about finding the balance between the tracks being not so loose as yo slip , and not so tight as to kill bearings and axles. In my case not so tight/tires inflated, that the tires are too rounded in profile to hold the tracks on.

I put the track back on, took it for another test drive. I got 3/4 way around the house before it fell off this time lol. I made sure the tires were 5,6,5. The tire guides look like they have about 3/4? of space between them and the tires. Should they be touching the tires or have some space?

I can?t help but think the tire guides are too short. Maybe I could get one of those grinder blades from Harbor Freight that?s wrapped in a chainsaw chain, then cut off all the rubber nobbs from the inside of the tracks?

My tire guides are touching the tires both sides at all times. I would defidently cut the knobs off the inside of your track if they are causing the wheels to ride up higher.

After thinking about it all night, I?m gonna reinstall the track and try running the tires at a lower psi. I?m gonna try 3/5/3 and see if that helps. I reread your last post Facemelter and 5/6/5 may have my tires rounded out too much, they?re rawhides.

Edit: I also replaced the chinee spark plug with a Champion plug. It’s starting up and running fine now. We’ll see what it does today.

I appreciate the help, everyone!

Well since I can?t figure out how to post more pictures, here?s a link to the build thread I started on Pirate 4x4.
    https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/ma...#post-45035704

rowdy ...just saw your pictures of tracks on your max 2 . nice job of making them . i agree with the removing the knobs on the inside rubber . it's keeping the belting from gripping the tire i think , especially if the knobs are higher than the guides and the nuts holding the guides to the belting. great job ..just keep experimenting . my tracks work good but can come off because my tires are a bear claw type tread ..not great for tracks. i am running low pressure so the tire is flatter and more of it is on the track . that helps . johnboy va

Thank you sir! I have tried to make them look professional and to be strong. I hope to use it in the mountains so I want it to be reliable. I bought a carving wheel for my grinder. I?ll experiment with taking the knobs out and probably shorten the track some if it still pops off.

looking at the pics again ... the guides look a little short , not coming down on the sidewalls very far . also is the distance between the guides wider than the tire? if so , less air so the tire is flatter and wider may help . if the guides are much wider , add some longer flatbar to them to get more on the tire on the insides and that will shorten the width too . trying the grinding is a good place to start though . just takes adjusting jboy

+1 to getting the tire wider in the track and getting the guides a little tighter. The less slop sideways the better. You just gotta get the balance figured out for your tire/track combination. Sounds like you almost got it.

+ Reply to Thread