Meh Max too

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Meh Max too

and if you decide to shorten the tracks ..remember to let the air out of the front and rear tire and remove the valve stem so as you tighten the track the tires will compress some . that way you don't have to air them up as much to get your track the right tightness . jb

Thanks guys! I?ll put the tracks back on and try less air. I took them off today so I could drive it around to adjust the carb. I?m not gonna give up!

Decided to take a break from working on the tracks. Decided to pull the head off the Kubota D722. Number 2 cyl is shot. I?ll be doing a full rebuild on it.
    Then I decided to unload the snowmobile trailer and clean it up to start hauling the max. Not sure how old the tires are but they?re in decent shape and should be fine for going to the refuge down the street. Addedsome HF bearing buddies to make greasing them easier and I?ll be installing the HF trailer lights kit. All said and done I?m about $100 into the trailer including the fuel to go get it.
    Pictures are posted on Pirate 4x4

Trailer is all greased, lights installed, wired up and the safety chain is on. It?s all ready to start hauling the max around once I get it reliable. I had to change the spark plug again yesterday morning. I?m not sure what?s going on. Maybe it?s because I started it when it was 20 degrees yesterday morning? I?ve never had so many issues with spark plugs.

hey friend ...where do you live exactly ? jboy

John- I?m in Fallon Nevada.

hey buddy ..i looked it up online , looks like a really nice place . out of town there seems to be some great places to ride too . have a happy holidays time to you and yours . jboy

John-
    Thank you, it?s still desert but it?s a farming community. Lots of dairy farms, hay and cattle grown here. The public land is amazing. Millions of acres of public land everywhere around me. I have around a dozen or more lakes within a hour and a half of me. The deer hunting is fantastic, elk hunting is world class, sheep hunting is some of the best in the world and there are a lot of lions for me to chase with my hounds.

Well I wasn?t paying attention to which thread I was on and posted about the tracks in my other thread asking about spark plugs burning out. So a little update in the correct thread.

I?m kinda on the second version. On this version, I have flipped the track guides so the 4 inch side of the angle is up while the 3 inch side is bolted down instead. I had to re-drill all the holes, sand all the corners and sharp edges off the 4 inch side. Then I?ve made a guide so I can trim the drive lugs off the inside of the snowmobile tracks with a carving wheel from Harbor Freight. That?s to let the tires sit a little lower in the tire guides. Once I finish with all of that, I have to drill new holes in the tracks to locate the guides. I will make a short YouTube video and post it once I?m done and know if the tracks actually work. No point in making a video about them if they don?t lol.

I finished modifying all the tire guides and I?m over halfway done cutting off the drive lugs on the tracks. After that?s done, all that?s left is to drill one hole for each guide in the tracks and bolt the guides on. There?s a slim chance I could have them done today. Probably gonna finish them tomorrow though.

+ Reply to Thread