Meh Max too

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Meh Max too

your a better motor man than me .....jb

I?m officially giving up on this briggs. It just takes too much to keep it running. I?m gonna pull it and mock up the kubota. Then I?ll be ready to just put it in and drive it once I rebuild it this summer.

yea ...sometimes it's just not worth the frustration and just move on . then you can get in , turn the key and off you go for some fun !! jboy

Yes sir, my frustration level has climbed past my threshold lol. I?ll just start prepping it for the swap and try to get everything prepared. I?m just tired of fiddling with it and it not being reliable.

I love my Max IV with the Kubota WG750 gas motor, basicly the same as the D722, which I have in my SuperMax. They run so smooth and quiet, plus the added torque is great.

Mike: That?s really cool! I have been watching a YouTube channel called Robot Cantina. He?s in the process of installing and then tuning a turbocharged D722 into a 90 something Saturn. He?s getting 58 mpg and the 0-60 time is down to like 41 or 44 seconds. Not that I?m worried about that, but the tuning and turbo installation is what really intrigues me. After the rebuild, I may go and turbo charge it to his specs.

I have been researching what parts may be different between a N/A and Turbocharged D722 but there is no information out there. The D902 is commonly turbocharged and id essentially the same engine with a larger displacement. A ton of the parts interchange including the connecting rods. So I think that if I can differentiate the parts between the 902 turbocharged and N/A then see if they fit the 722, I might be able to upgrade the 722 and make it more reliable when turbocharged.

I love the Robot Cantina channel. That guy has such dry humor.
    Here are my builds;
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...ota-wg750.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...-bearings.html

I did turbocharge and intercool my D722, and I followed some papers written by college students. I'll see if I can send them to you in PM.
    Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    Mike: That?s really cool! I have been watching a YouTube channel called Robot Cantina. He?s in the process of installing and then tuning a turbocharged D722 into a 90 something Saturn. He?s getting 58 mpg and the 0-60 time is down to like 41 or 44 seconds. Not that I?m worried about that, but the tuning and turbo installation is what really intrigues me. After the rebuild, I may go and turbo charge it to his specs.

I have been researching what parts may be different between a N/A and Turbocharged D722 but there is no information out there. The D902 is commonly turbocharged and id essentially the same engine with a larger displacement. A ton of the parts interchange including the connecting rods. So I think that if I can differentiate the parts between the 902 turbocharged and N/A then see if they fit the 722, I might be able to upgrade the 722 and make it more reliable when turbocharged.
    There actually is a D722T, turbo variant, but it is for Military power units. They can be found at mil auctions in light carts and generators, however a custom built one will have way more horse/torques.

I?m thinkin about trying to start a motor swap tomorrow. But it?ll be a 35 horse 2 stroke from a snowmobile lol. We?ll see if I can get it started in the snowmobile tomorrow?.

Should be a real simple swap as long as the carburetor isn?t gummy. It?s got a bunch of time on it, but it was free and if isn?t seized. I turned it over today and it pulled with good compression. Mice got into the wiring though. I?ll have to hot wire it unless I miraculously have a key that fits it. It?ll be interesting to see how it goes!

Well after messing with the donor snowmobile for a hour and a half I couldn?t get it to spark. I decided to try to get the better of the two snowmobiles to run. I was able to get it to start up but it dies immediately. Definitely a fuel delivery issue. Gonna order a carb rebuild kit for it. I guess I?ll settle for having a snowmobile to ride around on until I get the max done.

+ Reply to Thread