Meh Max too

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Meh Max too

I finally made the time to pull the engine out of this thing. It was a big pain in the butt to get the drive clutch off of it. It took me half an hour or 45 minutes. I had to hit it with PB blaster then work it back and forth with a pry bar and a dead blow. It had been on there about 15-20 years.

I am toying with the idea of taking the 23hp kohler off of my welder and putting it on the Max until I scratch up the money to rebuild the Kubota D722. At least then I would be able to use it this winter.

Well that didn?t pan out. The kohler has a tapered shaft. Next best option I have right now is to put in a Honda GX-340 11 hp engine to get me by. Only problem is, it?s recoil start. I can get a starter kit but that?s another $100 and a week shipping lol. Darn my luck?

I test fitted the Honda today. If I follow through with this smaller engine, I will have to redrill the mounting holes and because the Honda?s carburetor is bad, I put the 32mm carburetor that I bought for the old 15 horse, onto it. I got it to idle but it stutters on take off. I?m betting there?s an adjustment that I?m not making that will make it work right. But anyways I will have to either buy a new throttle cable that fits this new carb or figure out how to adapt the max?s throttle cable to the new carb.

Rowdy, if you end up needing to make a custom throttle cable Venhill is the company I get all my cable parts from. They have high quality parts, good prices and fast shipping. Used them just recently to make a new parking brake and throttle cable for my Hustler.

https://www.venhillusa.com/cables-and-components.html

Thank you! I have been thinking about what I?m gonna do for a throttle cable. I was starting to think about an adapter but I?m not sure what I should do yet. I really want to save all my money for the Kubota rebuild but then again I really want to be able to use it this winter. The current economy is really kickin our butt?

rowdy .. i have gone to a local bicycle shop and they can make up throttle style cables in any length and different ends on them . maybe that will work for you . good luck and happy xmas jboy va

Johnny Boy- that never crossed my mind, that?s a darn good idea! Thank you sir!

+ Reply to Thread