Tracks options for max 2

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracks options for max 2

Tracks options for max 2

I've got plastic and I have to trailer every time want to go and they slip all over hell. Don't think max made rubber? Anyway I would like to try rubber. Anyone know if argo Trax fit? Looking for options. If anyone has or wants to trade or has advice awesome. Thought about screwing rubber belting to them but alot of work and havnt found the right stuff. Thanx!

Max did make rubber tracks. You can usually find them used on line or even on here. Most of the time they are in good shape as they don’t get used much. Try Facebook as well.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

The rubber tracks on a max 2 will remove the amphibious capability of the machine, they are just too heavy. Adair tracks work though.

When I was looking at different track designs on Pinterest. Saw several pictures that the owners had mounded rubber strips to their plastic tracks. Even saw a set with 2x4" bolted on as well. If you already have tracks I don't think it would be too difficult to modify. Give Industrial Supply Solutions in Des Moines IA a call. I bought some 2" wide by 1/2" rubber belting from them a while back for cheap. They have all sorts of widths and thicknesses.

i bought the max 2 shackle tracks from adair argo before . the whole package was 6 offset aluminum rims , 6 bearclaw tires and the tracks . worked excellent in mud and some deep snow . check their website for prices , etc. johnboy va.

Yeah. I'm not interested in summer anything. Guess maybe swamp. But don't feel necessary. Winter is what I enjoy "floatation" had a experimental Trax from an ex dealer. We're great when didn't fall off�� so I looked for rubber snowmobile Trax or agriculture belting. No luck. Now shopping argo Trax but don't know the difference in lengths. Well any info or options any of you have would be nice!��

call adair argo . the people are very helpfull and can guid you toward your best setup about lengths , style etc. can make them any way you want . jb

Chewie:
    I have a factory set of Max2 rubber tracks. They may suit your needs. They are heavy as all get out. Will sell for $500 + shipping. I live in Texas, shipping will be pricey but you might find someone willing to transport for you. If interested let me know.
    I still think the lighter Adair tracks would be a superior option as the machine would still be amphibious.
    I've seen three machines actually sink in water with the factory rubber tracks. Just an fyi.

Argo tracks are plastic. Both the regular width and supertracks.

I’ve got supertracks on my 8x8. Unstoppable on any depth of snow and pretty good on soft ground everywhere else. Absolute crap on any hard surface like concrete or asphalt. Its like driving on sheet ice, they slide like crazy. Turn too fast on plastic tracks and it pretty much just spins out They’re also hell and havoc on chains, bearings, seals, bearing housings, etc. Forget swimming with tracks. Only tracks I’ve heard that swim at all are the adair ones.

Adair tracks are what you probably want if you want to get away from plastic. I’ve never used them, but they do look like they’d be a bumpy ride on anything but snow and swamp:

Theres also beaver dam and escargo tracks, assuming they are still in the business…
    Last edited by great white; 09-30-2023 at 09:11 AM.

There's a thread over on Pirate 4x4 right now of a guy who put snowmobile tracks on his Max 2. Looks like a simple job. Your CL ad said you're near Beaver, I'm sure you could source tracks easy around there.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/max-ii.2710005/

+ Reply to Thread