Meh Max too

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Meh Max too

So after several days of deliberation, I?m considering trying to clean up the Mikuni carb from the snowmobile and fitting it to the Briggs to try to save some time and maybe actually get to drive this monster around before the snow completely melts off.

I was able to finally find the engine sticker on the bottom of the engine cover when I pulled it off to troubleshoot the no spark issues the other day. It is in-fact a 16 horse Briggs and Stratton engine with a model number of 326431.

I have been researching carb rebuilding and found that people are using pinesol to clean carburetors.

https://youtu.be/OcvDrUtz3r4

Saving this for the future, incase I decide to go ahead with the carburetor swap.
    https://youtu.be/oKhMxeNO2cI

Well I finally had some success! I got the better of my two snowmobiles running! I had to clean the carb real good and then replace the drive belt. It still needs new skis and a few other things but I learned a lot. Maybe it?s enough yo get the other carb cleaned and put on the briggs engine?

I cleaned up the ?new? carburetor and it?s all ready for the install. I?m gonna have to build an intake adapter. I imagine that I?ll just use 1- 3/8? exhaust pipe and make a couple flanges out of some 1/8? plate. Then I?ll fit them, weld them all up and see if it was for all naught or not. I might end up having to buy a new throttle cable, not sure yet.

Earlier today, I fired it up and adjusted the carb so it?ll idle again. I had the idle set too lean. I should probably install the mikuni carb already. My procrastination has over taken me this spring?

Well I went and bought a Mitsubishi Minicab because the add said it had a 3 cyl Kubota diesel. Well turns out it was a 4 cyl kubota and it?s way too big for the max. I knew it was and bought it anyways because the price was right. So now I?m trying to figure out if I want to sell the motor and buy a smaller Kubota for the max or try to get the stock Mitsubishi 3 cylinder that I also got with the purchase, to run and put it in the max because it?s like 50 hp and is liquid cooled.

I finally got around to installing the mikuni carb. It runs but doesn?t idle that good. I also need to order a new choke cable and spring. It?s rusted and gummy inside the sheath. But it sure sounds good and revs really fast now. I think once I get it set up it will actually run pretty good. I?m going to order a wide band O2 sensor then I?ll order the appropriate fuel jet kit and cables. I?m getting kinda excited about it again lol.

I ordered a choke cable assembly for a honda rancher because the cable and the housing looked like it will work for the application. It was $10 so we?ll see if I can make it fit. Should work out though.

I installed the new choke cable and the carb is flooding out. I need to do more research on the type of jet kit I need and start trying smaller jets for the idle. Also the float is starting to deteriorate and is sending particles in to the fuel. That?s definitely not helping either.
    Last edited by Rowdy; 09-15-2023 at 10:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread