Yes they sink. Lol.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yes they sink. Lol.

Yep shame on me for not having a snatch block. I was cursing myself. Lol. The winch is a 2500 and it was definitely not enough. I agree with you on a bigger winch. What really helped was the warn remote I installed. With just the winch switch on dash it would of sat there longer. My bilge pump was broken from factory the impeller was broken which added to the mess. I’m not sure if it would of helped me save it, but I think it might have. I was honestly impressed with the battery. I know guys have thought the stock battery was inadequate. It’s honestly very good. I winched for awhile and it still had juice the following day. Good battery.

I initially picked our Vanguard up after it was swamped, left by a pond that flooded after some heavy rains. Used the winch on the truck to pull it up on land, let the hull drain, then winched it up onto a trailer to take it home. Took 5 oil changes, but I finally got all of the water out of the crank case lol. Was surprised the gas tank didn't get any water in it. Guess the cap seal is good

Nice having the winch on the truck. Glad you were able to get her going. Yeah I think that’s what I’m up to on mine 5 or 6 changes. Now I’m trying to get my remote for my winch going. That may have died during the ordeal. The receiver was under water for a little bit. Gonna go over all the wiring, water everywhere. The receiver is like $200 I recently bought it and to buy it again so soon. May remove it and put it in a bag of rice this weekend. See what happens. Sinking em a lot of work.

hey friend .... even though it was a lot of work getting her back in shape , we always learn something that helps be better prepared and possibly avoid the next challenge . you did a good job. especially if we are out riding alone . johnboy va.

Very true John, I learned I need a floating winch hook.lol. I didn’t enjoy diving for it. I had to mingle with the Lamprey eels and the muskrats for a little bit. I was happy I had a 6 pack onboard lol. Good times.

She’s Back!, Runs, steers and drives better. Can’t figure that one out, but it does. Took her out yesterday. She’s back in the game.
    Attached Images

Back from the dead. Maybe appreciates life better now.

HaHaHa. She’s a fighter. Her will to live is strong. )

Based on your experience, I ordered a new bilge pump. I'm not sure mine is working correctly, but having a spare seems like a wise move.

it's all that '' tender lovin care '' you gave her !! they always show how much they appreciate that . j.b.

+ Reply to Thread