Attex Identification

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex Identification

Attex Identification

does anyone know which baker hill transmission this 1 has in it
    I am interested in the machine but have all t-20 in my machines
    Which is the best baker hill
    I plan on using the transmission in a chief because i have bearings frame is done. Will it work
    I also have a duromax 13 hp going in it
    Maybe i will just restore the 300 D
    Any ideas on problems that i will encounter if switching transmission to different frame which is a 4 chain
    I noticed 300D frame does not look as strong Will the 4 chain frame fit in the 300D
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Moderator Bob; 08-04-2021 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Moved post into its own thread.

Hey, Jeffery, good to see you're still building Attexes. If that is the original trans for the ST300D, it will be a 7000. The older 5000 model has smaller journals on the outer bearings and tended to break. If I remember correctly the tub for the ST300D will be more narrow than the 4 chain frame.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks for the reply don. And glad to here from you
    How and what mods would i have to do to make this transmission fit the 4 chain I do not know how that transmission would fit and mount on the 4 chain any IDEAS
    Is this a good idea
    Like i said i have new bearing and most done for the chief or thunder chief cannot remember Just missing transmission
    What would the most hp would you use for the baker hill 7000

Whats the place for parts for the baker hill 7000 transmission

The only Baker Hill to 4 chain adaption that I know of is my modified, and that's a 6000 with no reverse. That machine is a Rupp 440 liquid cooled and started out about 75 hp- not sure what it is now. It's not an easy job- lots of fab work. You may be better off using a T20 and leaving the BH for a first gen machine. The 7000 reverse unit tends to pop out of gear after it gets lots of hours on it, so there's that to consider as well. Parts are getting hard to find: I have some but not a lot, Richard's may have some left and I know MudOx had a couple first gen machines with the 6000 trans for sale a while ago but they are probably gone now.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Don forgot to mention the Baker hill uses 40 chain on the drive discs.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Yup- forgot about that. Whipper turned off the 40 sprockets and welded me up some 50s for the mod.

+ Reply to Thread