AK Bush Tracks alongside Argo Factory Rubber Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AK Bush Tracks alongside Argo Factory Rubber Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by akranger72 View Post
    Thanks for reply Buzz. Your tracks are top of my list just trying to get my hands on a 2022 950 Huntmaster then will decide.
    Inquire heavily about the new clutches as outfitted to dealers by ARGO. I think they leave a lot to be desired on the low end. Make sure that they will stand behind any warranty work or factory upgrades/fixes that need to happen. Tuning clutches is not rocket science, but I know that (1) 2022 aurora I have driven (and will put through its paces again very soon) is not right. Granted it was with factory flat rubber tracks, but I was comparing it to my own 950 (2021) and had also mounted the flat factory rubber tracks as well for direct comparison. With no high-torque gear set in the trannys anymore, the reduction via the clutches has got to be correct on the low end at RPMs far under 3000. A 950 should not struggle at all, what a bummer for the brand new machines.

Edit: drove again out at my place up some hills and various skid-turns. Same problem, almost 3000+ rpm needed if under any significant load, and even then machine (2022 aurora) struggled, and you could smell hot belt. This happened in low and high range. FYI, I could see almost exactly 2 mph difference between low range and high range on flat ground (no load other than flat factory rubber tracks) @ 3000 rpm. 11 mph vs 13 mph. Much of the test drive felt a lot like driving an older, carbureted Avenger (25 hp) with standard gears. Struggling to turn unless you flogged the throttle (which doesn’t exactly work in some terrain where speed must be controlled). And belt was never happy. Someone needs to get to work on the clutches and/or also bring back the high-torque gear ratio in the trannys.
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-11-2021 at 04:52 AM.

Thanks Buzz for this update. I have been looking for some input like this regarding these new Argo's with the (Instant Torque Clutch). This doesn't sound to promising, especially with a supposed 28% increase in torque in low. I will continue to do some research before I buy. I specifically want that extra low end torque, as I drive slow and usually pulling a load.

Regarding belts and clutches, 1st, the the clutches on my 2020 Argo 950 Aurora were already right and when I heard Argo was changing them it was hard for me to imagine why. That 950 is fast and that engine hits harder than any AATV I have every seen.

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART: I always like to have a spare belt with me just in case and with the power of the 950 I wanted the best available. I ordered this Timken after market belt designed just for the Argo from Argo Adventure:

https://www.argoadventure.com/UXP495...Y_p_16881.html

I installed it and could not believe the deference in the Timken belt. After installing the Timken belt my machine hit so hard (quick response) is was almost scary how fast it could accelerate. What a difference! It felt like another machine! I would encourage any one who owns an Argo Aurora to buy this belt , install it and keep the factory heavy duty belt as a back up.

Hey akranger72 I sent you a pm, give me a call and we can do a little ride, I'm just down the road from you and you can see how the low speed high torque works and the AKBUSH tracks do.

Buzz does a 2020 Frontier have the correct trans for your tracks? It's the 700 cc but I can't get seller to tell me what trans is in it???

+ Reply to Thread