Belting for Tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belting for Tracks?

Belting for Tracks?

For those of you who have made your own tracks before - where did you find your belting for the tracks? I'm in the processes of making some chanel tracks, just figuring out how to get my bends and angles consistent, but in the mean time I haven't had any luck sourcing belting. Used 1/2 PVC conveyor belting would probably be a good choice, but I haven't had any luck there either.

If anyone has any advice on belting material or sourcing, I'm all ears!

bennet..3 co.s are anchor rubber products , michigan industrial belting inc. and totally belting . com . check them out on the web . seem to be others also . johnboy va.

I got lucky and just happened across a discarded piece in the bush while I was buzzing around and it happened to be just enough to slice up for a 6 wheeler

yea ....there are also co.s selling used belting that you can cut to size you want . good luck , j boy

what’s your location?

Sorry for being late to reply to my own party, I ended up on call for the weekend.

John - I took a look at those suppliers, I wasn't able to find any prices listed online but I'll shoot them a message. Being in Canada makes it a little harder because shipping belt can be very expensive!

Facemelter - Reminds me of being young and finding certain "magazines" in the woods! That's some crazy good luck. I was hoping to find some old equipment with a long belt on it at a junk yard or similar, but nothing so far.

Buzz - I'm in New Brunswick, Canada. I nearly reached out to you for a quote but didn't want to waste your time due to shipping expense and the conversion rate. If I ever end up with a newer machine with a little more tub clearance though, bushtracks will be my first choice for sure. If memory serves, you use to make chanel tracks for a time before you switched to you current tracks? I use to pop in here from time to time years before I ever made an account, I'm surprised at all the usernames that have remained consistent over the years.

Bennett,

Any supplier of reinforced conveyor belting should be able to give you a quote. You can save some money by cutting to your preferred width yourself. For example 18” wide belting gives you (2) 4” wide pieces and (2) 5” wide pieces. But it depends on the widths they offer to see if it’s worth it.

+ Reply to Thread