Cabs on frontier

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabs on frontier

Cabs on frontier

What’s the thought on cabs on Argos? I have ROPS on my Bigfoot. I made a rack up there for more space plus a bonus cover in the rain. They are very small but increases space huge. Even got swivel seats I plan on mounting. It’s not the safest but my little guys hate the back seat. I’m looking at a frontier Scout. Will I have issues with tub sag or anything else when I place a modest cage on top? As is they don’t have much more room other than the extra set of tires space. Thought maybe Auroura. As I’ve seen lotsa configurations but we’re I hunt it’s 750 kg’s only. Those bigger machines are heavy. Do guys cab up those Frontiers without stressing them too much. Trying to set up once with the right set up. The Mrs frowns on hunting expenditures. Thanks in advance.

theyre ok, just keep as light as possible (aluminum) and make sure the bottom part of the frame is full length to help distribute the weight over the entirety of the tub lip seam. Do not make too tall or add unnecessary crap that adds extra weight. Keep roof covering light, and do not carry weight up high. Making a heavy (especially top heavy) rack/enclosure makes your machine less stable on sidehills, less safe in the water, and can be hard on your tub, but many people do it anyway if they’re not driving anywhere crazy. Most have been told that “it works great as a viewing platform” which has some value I suppose, but there are many other ways to get 6’ above the ground. All of the tub fender holes I have seen have been from hard tops that have been added. I personally am a soft top guy/ warm and dry when needed, fold down/low profile and low center of gravity and does not catch wind during longer water crossings. I also have zero need or desire to carry weight on a roof or mount a bunch of Mad Max accessories to a metal enclosure. But to each his own. For what it’s worth, a frontier 8x8 will be a little lighter than an aurora but they are both heavier than you think. I put my 950 huntmaster on the scale on tires only (no top, no windshield, virtually empty factory plastic gas tank, no tub liner, no front hood rack, empty cargo, and it was 1560 lbs. Hard tops look cool, but their weight does diminish bushwacking performance, overhead clearance, and stability. Then again, if you don’t plan on pushing your machine hard you’d probably be just fine. A frontier with 24” tires will give you added clearance above the tire to help limit problems with tub sag. Most hard tops are kinda like putting turbos on Argos, they make you feel cool but not necessary and expensive$$. Just my opinion of course for bush use.

"The Mrs frowns on hunting expenditures. Thanks in advance."

Ahh, see all you need to do here is a little rephrasing. Remember, the ROPS system isn't just there for hunting, it's there as a safety system for the boys. She doesn't want them to be unsafe, does she?

+ Reply to Thread