2000 LandTamer 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 LandTamer 6x6

2000 LandTamer 6x6

I'm back after a long absence. Never lost the fascination with AATV's. Just bought one of these. trying to get more info on it. Not sure if this earlier model has hydrostatic or geared drive system. I know its a 3 speed automatic. It has a 4 cyl Nissan gas engine. Did Landtamer merge with Hydratrek or get bought out? Anyone else have one of these?
    Last edited by soutthpaw; 09-10-2021 at 11:39 PM.

If you have the 3 speed Nissan automatic you have a gear driven machine. If I recall they didn't switch to hydraulic until several years later. The gear driven machines are some of the fastest 6x6s made. Maybe 45mph in a machine that it big as a p/up truck.

The 8x8s are huge. There was a stripped down one on ebay a few years back, I was amazed at what it fetched.

Hydratek bought them out several years back.

Post up some digitals.

Thanks for the info. Yeah it should be the gear driven unit then. hopefully they are reliable. I am going to pick it up this week and then I'll get some Pics/videos.

The main issue I saw with the 8x8 is that it's so long that there is a lot of scrubbing of the wheels/tracks when turning. the 6x6 seems like it turns on its own axis for the most part so its a lot less strain on the driveline. Only came across 2 old listings for 8x8 units and one which was also probably mechanical drive had listed as steering issues and it only had 100 hours on it.
    Last edited by soutthpaw; 09-11-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    2000 Land Tamer with Tracks.

just curious ....does a landtamer have any chains in it's drive system ? j boy

Video here. Cleaned it up and removed the Cab, front, and rear extension decks. Now it looks like a 6x6
    https://youtu.be/TDsG4I38Wwo

Nice find especially with the jet drive. It should move pretty well. I have noted that these things have a low angle on the water, especially at the gun whales so turning on jet drive may get precarious.

I hope to see the machine offroad soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Nice find especially with the jet drive. It should move pretty well. I have noted that these things have a low angle on the water, especially at the gun whales so turning on jet drive may get precarious.

I hope to see the machine offroad soon.
    I see u are in Texas, I'm moving to Austin for a new job next week but the Land Tamer is staying at my old place till i find a place to live with space for it. Ill be living in my RV for the time being. IT will prob be thanksgiving or Xmas before I get the off road video heh

Welcome to Tejas! Its not a bad place to be. I know the housing market in Austin is pretty tight, I have friends down there. As you get out town a few miles land prices fall, so you can get a nice place still for less than a fortune.

There is an excellent atv park in East Texas, named River Run. We have group rides out there on occasion. Hope you can make it one day once established.

+ Reply to Thread