14hp Tecumseh to 25hp Kohler help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 14hp Tecumseh to 25hp Kohler help

I got the engine placed in the max this evening. It fits like a glove, couldn't have asked for it any better. I used all the old mounts from the Tecumseh I marked where the clutch was one the bar motor mounts and drilled new holes so the Kohler would line up the same and sure enough it all fits.. got some wiring and plumbing to do but can't wait to get this thing moving..... Has anyone used a electric fuel pump on a Kohler 25hp?

I have it all together running and rolling.. this is my first 6x6 I've owned. It's the first one I've ever looked at in person for more than a few minutes. It definitely the first one I've ever got to operate.. and it's the best I've been stomping all over and through everything all weekend and had a blast. There are still a few things I'd like to do to it... All in all it is gonna be a nice little rig... Thank you guys for having this website it has been very helpful and for sure seeing what you guys are doing have me a lot of motivation to get it done.. and without having to spend lots of money.. (at once, still got things I want to do to it now) again thanks and if there are any questions I can help anyone with just ask... Nathan K

congrats, sounds like that went extremely well and you nailed the details better than i would have for sure.
    I remember my first trip into the creek with a max, it was and still is very cool. You certainly deserve to have blast romping around thru everything you can with it after all that work. You won't know what it'll do till ya get it stuck!
    Only question at the moment is hows it look, got any pics you might be able to share?

I just haven't figured out how to post pictures... Maybe some advice in that area would be helpful

I think my belt is to tight? I'm running the kohler25 horse with all the original clutches from the Tecumseh.i have to open up the pulley on the t20 to get it on and it rides at least a inch or better down in it at rest.. can anyone suggest a belt.. will the belts I see online for the Briggs motors be bigger?

+ Reply to Thread