Busco Beach in NC, April 8th-10th, 2022

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC, April 8th-10th, 2022

looks like some good rain tuesday nite into wednesday , then sunny thurs , fri ,sat . could be some nice ...muddy conditions . j.b.

See those attending later in the week.
    Weather will determine where I set up camp.

We plan to be there around noon on Thursday and camping in the front field.

Just finished greasing all of the bearings. Had to pull an axle this week to fix a sheared off set screw on the right rear sprocket. That was the very first time any of the axles have been removed since it was assembled new in 2000. I will have to finally replace all the bearings, chains, and sprockets this summer. I also may rebuild the T-20 while I'm at it. I suppose 22 years is a pretty good life span.
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

drew...sounds like you'll be ready for anything the trails will offer . mud , water , logs , gators , etc. see you thursday also. jboy

Looks like John and I will not make this Meetup
    John is finishing up his master's at NC State and has no time for fun.
    Hope to see you in the Fall.

well ..we will miss you guys . maybe he could bring his studies and when everyone get's stuck ..he would have some time to study while you pull us out ! lol glad all is well and keep in touch . your videos are always great . jboy

We had a great outing with great people, weather was windy and cool with some rain but still good for riding. There were 11 machines, 2 quads and a minibike, carnage was minimal.
    Trails were Dusty on mains and ugly on some bypasses, and just a mess in others. Fridays night ride was a mud fest, winch fest, stuck fest all about 200 yards from camp, which led to one injured machine. Other than that there were minimal stuckages other than myself who forgot how to ride, thank you to all the winches and pulls.
    See y'all soon.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Had a great time with family and friends. Good to see guys I haven't seen in 2 years. Had good rides with no major stucks except 1 night lol. Hope you get trans repaired Keith. Thanks to all who came. Weather could have been a little better. Still a good time. Kids enjoyed it also

thanks rick and the rest ....it was some good riding for sure . i think after the major '' really stuck '' first nite short !! ride ( almost 2 hrs. to get everyone out ) we were a little more careful so we could actually ride for a good while. the heat , clouds , wind , cold and hail made it non boring weatherwise . even when you breakdown , theres always someone else to hitch a ride with . take care all , johnboy va.

Great riding out there. Thank you to everyone for your patience with my two kids driving non-amphibious machines (4 wheelers) on a couple of the rides. They enjoyed riding with y'all so much. I really have to finish rebuilding my hustler for my son to drive.

Also, a big shout out to Johnboy for operating my throttle while I steered going back to camp after my cable broke on a night ride.
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

+ Reply to Thread