Engine tuners

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine tuners

Engine tuners

Hello to all, was wondering if anyone has ever used an engine tuner on their Argos to boost HP. I know that many people use them on their own vehicles to accomplish the same task. The brand I saw was Magnumtuning.com. Thanks

How much more HP would you be able to get ?

I've always heard that tuning an engine this way gets you a 10% increase in power. Anything more than that could be dangerous to your engine. For an engine in an Argo you are looking at around a 2hp gain. I have never done it to anything. Its just what I've heard. Hope this helps. Let us know if you do it and how it turns out.

hi
    Always need to careful tuning particularly a v twin being in a AAtv
    transmission temperature
    engine temperature
    drive line temps

Uneed xtra cooling
    bigger carb
    10--20degrees more cam
    higher compression
    improved exhaust
    rev limiter
    better connecting rods
    This will gain u 10hp on a 570cc 18 hp briggs

Argo Aurora 850 versus 950 engine are same?

Hi, what is the difference in the engines on a 850 & 950? When you look at the argo online website, both models list the 40hp kohler engine. So is it just the tune is different? Are they using the same intake, muffler, exhaust and carb?

Western skies Argo developed a turbo for the 750hdi and they produce about 60hp, I know several guys in Alaska that have been running them for a few years and love them. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure with the exception of some clutching its all bolt on plug and play. They don't necessarily give more speed but keeps your track speed up under loaded conditions like hills , deep snow, heavy loads, marshy areas, ect. , they have a lot more grunt so they don't need to back shift to stay in the power. Nate, AKA Argo whisperer at Allseasons Argo in Anchorage, Alaska has installed quite a few of them and ran them for several years. I road with some of those guys that have them and they just don't run out of power going through the marshy areas.

+ Reply to Thread