Hi

Im new here and bought a 1980 max IV that came with a 11,5 hp aircooled one cyl honda clone engine , defenetly not the original one.....BUT as this is going to be some of a project thing here it comes.
I normaly collec the Steyr-Puch-Haflinger....a little 4x4 and a few years ago i bought a American version of this little 4x4 ...they go by the name Patfinder in the u.s and Canada....now the one i bought didnt have the original 2 cyl aircooled boxer engine , but someone had put a kohler command ch18 in it ....now this is not your normal kohler command engine nope this one has all the special and good bits of super cub in it , according the guy who build it he claims that over 2000$ was put into this engine....including new pistons, new sleeves, new camshafts , and what more.....it schould put out around 40HP now.

Well im planning to put a original 2 cyl aircooled boxer in the haflinger and stick the kohler in the max...now is this possible and will the max drivetrain hold up to the power ?

I also would change the place where the engine sits wich is now above the gearbox....i would like to have it lower.....like the 4 chain set up....can this be done .

Here are some pictures and anny advise is apricciated.

The MAX IV

THE DRIVETRAIN

THE SUPERCUB KOHLER