Max II Front Axle (Splined)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II Front Axle (Splined)

Max II Front Axle (Splined)

Hi, I see I have a bent axle on my Max II. It is a 2003 with the 23 hp Kohler Command. Is it possible to still buy the original splined axle or are all of them the snap ring style for securing the sprocket and brake disc. I have retroed the center axles to the snap ring style and they work fine but the smaller bearing for the frame mount inner bearing is a bit of a pain. Where can I source the axles now? Best Regards

Hi Eldon,
    We will have brand new MAX 2 universal splined axles (with no snap ring grooves) in stock at www.maxatvs.com/store during the first week of December.

hey andy ..nice website ! great for all of us who still have max 2's thanks , johnboy va

Thanks Andy, I have been watching your site. Good to know you are setting up.

Thanks John and Eldon - we are getting some MAX 4 parts back in stock as well (MAX 4 axles, sprockets, etc. will be delivered at the same time as MAX 2 axles and sprockets in the first week of December). Our original plan was to relaunch the MAX 4 and Buffalo in early 2025, but depending on how well things go, we may consider moving it up to summer 2024.

Hi, Does anyone know what the bolt size is that goes into the turned down end of the newer Max II axles that are splined and have the notches for snap rings. A bolt and large washer goes in there to retain the axle via the inner bearing. It appears to be a 3/8" but I don't think it's coarse threads. Best Regards. Eldon

+ Reply to Thread