Mud Puppy

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mud Puppy

Mud Puppy

These is my Mud Puppy 6x6 that I rebuilt and modified. It is somewhat of an abomination, but I still love the way it looks. I could find almost zero information about this machine, so I thought I would share this one.

It was branded and sold by Sportsman's Mobility in Detroit, Michigan. I believe it had basically the same running gear as the Gip Sea and Multimobile, although there were at least two variations in the drive train and the top half of the bodies were a little different. The Mud Puppy was probably a rebranded Multimobile, but I don't know for sure.

I "rebuilt" it with a 4-stroke engine and installed a reverse gearbox, but kept the rest of the steering and braking system as it was originally designed, including the single joystick control that operated throttle, steering and braking. Everything was rebuilt or replaced, including new axles, bushings and bearings and powder-coated frame. I had to do a lot of custom work to install the new engine and transmission while keeping as much of the original drivetrain intact. It was a very tight fit.

I had to repair two big holes in the front before finishing the body as well as fabricate the headlight. I also removed the body seem.

Throughout the project, I had many doubts that the vehicle would perform. It is an interesting design, but not a good one for a 6x6. Sadly, when it was nearly finished and could be test driven, it was clear it would never operate as well as I hoped. I am not at all surprised that these designs were only made for a couple of years.

I still like the way it looks, so I plan to remove all of the original frame and driveline and then replace it with a full frame, larger engine and Argo transmission when I have time.

Posting here for posterity, or in case anyone else out there has one of these and needs help figuring it out.
    Attached Images

Pic not showing, trying again.
    Attached Images

no pictures yet ...but i did see a short video of one under '' mud puppy madness '' zooming around in the snow. it did'nt show much of the machine though , but it had some interesting tires and wheels on it . would love to see some pics of the drive train set up . johnboy va.

would love to see the pictures of your mud puppy.not sure whats going on with posting a picture,i tried to post one a few months ago for a new member and it would not work.that member never came back,no wonder this site is dying a slow death.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    would love to see the pictures of your mud puppy.not sure whats going on with posting a picture,i tried to post one a few months ago for a new member and it would not work.that member never came back,no wonder this site is dying a slow death.
    Perhaps Bob could look into this, I too had problems and the gallery doesn't seem to like Galaxy phones either.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread