Tracks and phragmitis

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracks and phragmitis

To thick for the sickle bar I had one on the tracked marooka. Wiped it out in the first 100 ft. And that was a Cummins B4 motor at 110hp. Looking into making a mower deck for the front and pushing foreword. The area I’m in is 14 ft high and very dense. I need a good snow storm.

That is why I was thinking discbine blade arm, I had thought of mounting weedwhackers with blade attachment at each corner for trail cleaning at one point.
    For maintenance jboys used a 6' brushhog pulled behind an Argo for PSEG but you would want front mounted, a flail mower would probably be to heavy.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Definitely trying a pull behind just wish I could figure out how to keep the axles clean.

what about a aluminum skid plate curved up at the front .. running just under the axles from front to back . picture a mounted snow ski type plate maybe fastened to a bearing bolt by a bracket of some sort . would that push the grasses down so they won't wrap ? just trying to picture your challenge . jboy va

maybe add a spring pivoted roller made of a 4 '' pvc pipe to help push down the grass as you move forward ( the length would be the whole width from tire to tire ) js

2 good ideas going to try some of them on Monday probably start with a shield. I have a pic in the gallery I just can’t figure out how to put it here. Pictures sure do help understanding

yes .. it would be fun to have a picture so i could see if what i am envisioning in my head is even close to your challenge . keep at it !! johnboy

I put a picture in the gallery, hopefully you can see it. My farmer spent 1:45 min today with a razor knife and a hose trying to clean out both sides, he texted me around 5 and said he got it. The next thing out of his mouth was “ there’s got to be a better way”

Last edited by Delduck; 12-26-2021 at 08:45 PM.

wow delduck ...that is a mess . i can see how the grass gets caught in the track edges on the inside , then that wraps the grass around the axle . a roller may smash it down as you go forward , but will it pop right back up ? the '' ski style '' plates i mentioned may do the trick ..but may need one above axle and below as close to the tub and wheel hub as possible . pretty much shielding the axles front to back , above and below. another interesting option . what if you ran some medium size chain from the front axle back around the rear axle and connected it with a quick link . maybe 2 or 3 chains to cover most of the axles on one side , then 2 or 3 more for the other side . the chain would be loose enough to just float on the axles , but may keep the grass from winding up , making sure the chain won't be grabbed by a track or caught on a wheel hub or bearing extension . i like to think outside the box if possible . i don't think the chain would wear on the axles much . they make heavy plastic chain if that's better . anyway .... johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread