Any recommendations on chain lube?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any recommendations on chain lube?

Any recommendations on chain lube?

I have tried several chain lubes and some seem to just make a mess. Anyone have a go-to lube that I can try. Doing some maintenance and upgrades on my 1999 Max II, so you will see a few recent questions from me.

everyone seems to use something different . i use '' blaster chain and cable lube '' brand . i have bought high dollar stuff too , but did'nt seem to be any better . lube for dirt bikes that have the chains exposed to the elements is good also. you will get plenty of suggestions on here . jboy va.

castrol chain lube for me.

I use dirt bike chain lube which doesn't fly off and make a mess, yet can be gleaned off with a pressure washer.

We use a NAPA product. White lithium grease, in a spray can.
    It turns white as it's being sprayed on, letting me know where the grease is going. The 'white' eventually fades, leaving a coat of lithium on the chains.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Might not be the best thing to use...but I use the same sort of white lithium grease spray to get into the gears/chain at the back that's hard to reach...and I slather/gob on red grease by hand on the chains when I have it jacked up and can spin the wheels. Some flings off/squishes aside...but no big deal. If clumps accumulate on the idler sprockets I just knock it off with a screwdriver now and then. Before the winter I grease it up really well (probably too much). I had to park it outside last winter and the cover/tarps I setup split and it filled with water/ice (basically filled up to just over the axels with ice). When it was eventually warm enough in the spring where I could chip the ice enough out to free up the drive train...the chains/gears/sprockets/etc...were all in great shape. I just regreased it again. That's the longest it's been sitting "wet" (~4 months).

We've been using Cyclo Red Grease. It doesn't seem to wash off easily.

You could try Shell S2000 Red grease. It's says water resistant but I find it to be more waterproof. It stays put on my chain's and sprockets. Protects against Wear very well. Another I started using is Krazy grease. Used it on my dirt bikes and doesn't fly off. Washed them off and it's still there lubing the chain. I use it now on my bigfoot. Protects very well.

+ Reply to Thread