Are Ice Cleats worth buying?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are Ice Cleats worth buying?

Are Ice Cleats worth buying?

Hey there.. Anyone out there use Ice Cleats? The route to my remote cabin is mostly bog and open country and with the winter temp fluctuating so much most of the route to my cabin becomes a sheet of ice so I thought I'd invest in Ice Cleats but I've noticed there's not alot of opinions or info on this. I know it makes little difference in snow but I got a feeling it will make a huge difference in getting to and from my cabin in a safe manner. I also wonder if the ice cleats cause an excessive strain on the drivetrain with tuning and all? Anyhow, appreciate you taking the time and reading my post and any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Of icu conditions then the ice cleats will help out. Not sure what kind of tracks you have. Either way would be worth the investment in my opinion.

Sorry.. I have 18" rubber tracks installed on my 2014 HDI. Thanks for your reply 449fitter

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    I have 18 inch plastic super tracks with what I call carbide tipped ice picks. I haven't had a lot of experience on pure ice conditions but the person from whom I purchased the machine installed them as he used the argo for a lot of ice fishing. He said he couldn't go anywhere on the ice without spinning out trying to get traction. My personal experience is in the swamp where I would break through the ice and have to climb out of the hole on to firmer footing. As I have not used the machine without them I cannot be sure but can only imagine what a circus it would be without them.

+ Reply to Thread