finally got back into the hobby, and we're down for the count

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: finally got back into the hobby, and we're down for the count

finally got back into the hobby, and we're down for the count

After a few years of letting the machine rest in the basement, I got the Max IV up and running. It was fun and exciting while it lasted. I got to ride for about 20 mins, and my son rode an additional 30 when all heck broke loose. Quit steering on one side. I just figured something might have needed adjustment. Then, when I was trying to limp it into the basement, a chain broke.

My eldest son helped me remove the engine, and upon investigation, the "rebuilt" transmission that I got with the machine (it was a basket case. previous owner had made it into a hydraulic machine, then took all those parts out.) wasn't rebuilt.

So, now I get to rebuild the T20. Oh well. Those few minutes were a blast! I may have to be on the lookout for an extra machine. My kids really like the ol Max.
    Immature. A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

glad your back ! they are addicting machines and take some maintenance , but lots of fun . been tooling around in my half track max in the snow the last few days ... maybe 10 '' deep , it pretty much goes anywhere my tractor won't ..so i have a good way to get firewood on the porch . johnboy va.

I know a guy who bought a MAV IV from me & can't ride it anymore. He's selling it & the MAX II his wife used. If you want to talk with him,let me know

Thanks! Gonna try to get what I have fixed. Money is tight, but time to work on the machine is not.
    Immature. A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

+ Reply to Thread