Adair Pro Series (Dual Winter Kit)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adair Pro Series (Dual Winter Kit)

Adair Pro Series (Dual Winter Kit Mod)

Being one to never leave well enough alone, I added an inner belt with aluminum angle cleats/grousers to my Adair Pro series tracks on my 2018 Frontier LE (aka green Scout). Last year I took the 3" wide winter kit belt off and replaced it with 4" wide belt for a little more floatation in deep snow. I also added an additional aluminum 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" angle grousers in every third UHMW grouser/tire guide on the main track section on this 4" outer winter kit belt.

I noticed that I had quite a bit of room on the inside of the track and decided that I might be able to squeeze in another small section on belt and grousers in there. After much head scratching and measuring I decided that the widest section of belt I could do while still spacing out enough to clear the main track UHMW tire guides/grouser was 2".

I had the 3" belts from the original winter kit so I had my local conveyor belt supplier cut it down to 2" wide. That still left one hole for each grouser in the belt to reference for installing the new aluminum angle grousers to attach to the main track. I reduced the height of these angle grousers to 1 1/4"x 1 1/4" to ensure I wouldn't have issues with them hitting the wheel well. At 1 1/4" they stand just slightly taller that the UHMW main track guides/grousers.

Although this track has almost zero lateral play, I was a little concerned with the inner corner making contact with the tub so I cut the inside corners off at a 45 degree angle. There is about 1 1/2"-2" from the inner belt to the body. I trimmed down a pair of steel hinges I ordered from Adair Argo to connect the track ends. The total wide of the track is now 21 3/4" wide. I took it out for a shake down run 2 days ago and I had no issues with it making contact with the body and took it on some steep side hills and uneven mounds of snow at some steep angles. The extra belt and grouser made a noticeable deference. Not huge, but noticeable. Now I can finally sleep at night knowing I have maxed out this track design for my purposes!!IMG_3215 (1).jpg Hopefully the picture came through.
    Last edited by thorn; 01-19-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Thorn , no picture. Sounds great glad it's working out. Would love to see some pics tho.

I don't know what the issue is with the pictures. I haven't had issues in the past posting them. I'll try again.

Pictures.

Last edited by thorn; 01-20-2022 at 08:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread