T-20 date

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T-20 date

T-20 date

So, when I bought my 1996 Max IV, it was in pieces. Actually, worse than pieces. One of the previous owners had made it into a hydraulic machine. Then, the owner before me took all of that out. What I bought was a pile of random parts, and an extra Max II tub (original style wheels). It came with a "rebuilt" T-20, which I have since figured out wasn't. My question is, Now can I tell if this is an older style (pre-thrush washer) unit before opening it up. Will I need different internal parts depending on the age of the T20? Does the code stamped on the info plate, which is missing all its writing, tell anything?

The code is 2713.

Thanks
    Kevin
    Immature. A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

After doing some asking around, a kind soul shared with me that my T20 was produced in 1975. That probably means that it is an original Borg Warner unit. I guess I should be running popsicle style levers. The ones that came in the collection of parts were not, and were not in the best shape. Now, I guess I'll know that thrush washers will not be needed.
    Immature. A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

Popsicle trans have a pin pressed into the case halves between the two plungers otherwise its u channel.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread