Adair tracks Winter use Recommendations

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adair tracks Winter use Recommendations

Adair tracks Winter use Recommendations

Hello, So heres the deal, I have 14” Adair tracks on my 6x6 Frontier 600. They go horrible in the snow and traction is no good. I added Gold ice screws to track with minimal improvement. My Path I’m thinking is the 4” wider belt with metal cleats Adair offers. Does anyone have real world experience with this setup, will it be beneficial and solve traction issues. We recently received 8” snow and these tracks just don’t cut it. Trying to find best solution. Right now Argo is parked because Atv can go everywhere. With frozen ground these tracks in current state are just no good. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Most people with snow kits are happy. Tbone9 had posted of the improvement if I remember correctly. Scour the track section as there are tons of articles on Adair tracks.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Ok. Thanks ArgoJim, I spoke in length with mike from Adair ( Great guy) he suggested going with 3” cleats, being I have the baby 18hp. So I will adhere to his advice. We were discussing tracks and I was suggesting he have some type of rubber included in track make up for traction. He was sayin they were thinking of a rubber coated track per say. Cost is astronomical to do that he was saying, but his brain is thinking of improvement or innovation which is always a good thing in the off-road market. So 3” cleats it will be. See how she goes in the near future.
    Last edited by Grizzly10; 01-25-2022 at 05:39 PM.

As Jim mentioned I added some straight stainless to my Adair’s as to skid steer easy. Mostly for on ice. If frozen ground is the issue I would just run tires until it snows.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Tbone, under the snow the machine can’t get traction. That’s why I’m going to add the 3” ice cleats. I think that will help. All I can do is try to improve track traction. I think the cleats will give some bite into the hard ground. Thanks for reply.

+ Reply to Thread