Hi All! I'm completely new to the forum and to the world of 6x6's. I'll start with a little bit about me. I'm a early 50's, disabled industrial electrician. I spent years building and repairing factories and equipment. I was also an avid motorcycle enthusiast...if the weather was nice, and I had the free time I was out on 2 wheels. A work injury to my back ended my motorcycle career, so about 10 years ago I got into trikes. A trike is nice, but living in northern Michigan, I began to realize you really can only use it in nice weather. That's typically a Thursday in late June in my area. Not a very good return on investment. So I started thinking about other modes of transportation that would multipurpose. I first looked at quads, but steering those hurt an already broken back. Side by sides are ok, but if I wanted a Jeep, I'd just buy a Jeep. Then I started to look at Argos. For an early retired/disabled guy, they're just out of my price range. BUT....I used to build entire factories. Certainly I could figure out how to build a 6x6 "crawler" for use around my 10 acres, right? I came across an old Mechanic's Illustrated article showing how to build one, and decided I was going to modernize that design. One day a buddy of mine stopped by and saw me working on the computer and asked what I was working on, so I showed him. He asked me why, so I explained. He said, no, I don't understand why you don't just take my uncle's old 6x6. He's been trying to GIVE it away for years. A couple of quick phone calls later, and I'm going to be picking up an Attex (no idea what year or model) in a couple of weeks.

I've been scouring the internet since that conversation with my friend, looking for a video series, or even a photo series of someone else's rebuild of an Attex. There are plenty of Argo rebuilds, and a lot of POST rebuild Attex videos, racing and such....so here's my question:

Does anyone know of a complete, from the ground up, step-by-step rebuild series of an Attex? I know mine is going to need a lot of work. It was part in 2000 and hasn't moved out of the pole barn where it is since.