Mounting a front windshield into my magnum 1982

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mounting a front windshield into my magnum 1982

Cool Mounting a front windshield into my magnum 1982

Hello guys,
    i like to have a windshild on my argo, because of the weather, mud and trees...
    IMG_7552.jpg
    I would take a 4mm lexan plate. But i want to know how to mount it best.
    Between my windshield frame with seals and maybe glue, or front over the frame fixed with screws.
    I dont want to bore 15 holes into the windshieldframe...
    But how to fix it without, any ideas?

My idea is to cut the lexan plate that it will fit with a U-seal into the frame.
    I will mount some u-steel pieces into the four holes of the frame to fix the plate.
    Greetings from Germany
    Attached Images

I've never used this before myself, but I would suggest using windshield adhesive around the entire perimeter, and then maybe a few fasteners in each corner. I think that should hold well.

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    I just built a windscreen myself using 1/8 Lexan in a frame made from 3/4x3/4x1/8 angle. I rounded the top corners but left the bottoms square. It is a fold down but is a bit smaller being 16x44. I went to Speedy Auto Glass to inquire about windshield adhesive and they are switching products so gave me a free tube. It is VERY sticky. I also had some small threaded screws with flat washers and nuts 3/4 in long that came with something(?) and used 4 of them to lock in the Lexan, one in each side and one each , top and bottom. I hope to finish the support rods, clips and support posts for the windshield when it is folded down, today.

Ok thanks.
    I mounted the Lexanplate, i will fix it tomorrow additional on the top line with glue.
    The first test was sucessfull,
    driving thew deeper puddle will make you also a bit wet

Could anyone of you send me a picture of the mark or signature on the original windshild?
    Scheibe.jpg

Most likely after the fact , but I have a few pictures of the windshield that I have fab posted in the members gallery if it can be of any help …

Bill G .

I mounted an lexan windshild too now.
    But has anyone a foto of the little sign in the orgin windshild with the number of it?

How do you find the rigidity of the 4mm lexan Hauderer? I'm hoping to get around to doing to the same to my old magnum this summer or fall. I was origionally planning to use 6mm (~1/4 inch) lexan for strength, but I bet its easier to see out of the 4mm stuff.

Also, I've never heard of Argo's in Germany. Are there many up your way? and can you still buy them there new?

Hello,

in Germany here are now two dealer who sale Argos. You find sometimes a used high priced argo here.
    Mine was 1982 from Crayford in GB.
    They named it Argocat.

The Lexan Glas was good in 4mm. But i mounted it of again cause the dust follows you damn.
    I think it would be ok if you Drive with an canopy top.

+ Reply to Thread