SPD Wedge

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SPD Wedge

SPD Wedge

It's been several years since I have posted but I'm back. Finally doing some serious work on my SPD Wedge. I am looking for a source for the axle bearings and seals. The "outside" bearings and seals that sit in the side of the tub and the inner bearings/shaft supports that bolt to the tub floor. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Also found a Tricub as well, that's next. Thanks!

You can find a lot of stuff here and good prices.
    https://www.surpluscenter.com/

Thanks Mike!!!

Invest in a decent digital micrometer/caliper and measure the stuff you take off.
    Almost impossible to find "OEM spares" for old machines and they were normally built from standard parts.
    Most bearings/seals will have some markings on them so you may get lucky and find the manufacturer and part numbers from that
    Any of the engineering suppliers should be able to supply if you have the dimensions and specifications (rotation speed, side load etc).
    I tend to use Mcmaster Carr as they are a convenient one stop shop and carry a very comprehensive range but they may not be the cheapest.
    Cheap bearings may be a false economy as time to replace them can be significant.

I do have a digital caliper and will put it to good use. Have not heard of McMaster Carr so I appreciate the reference. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtnapprovider View Post
    I do have a digital caliper and will put it to good use. Have not heard of McMaster Carr so I appreciate the reference. Thanks!
    I love McMaster. Everything is in stock and fast shipping, but as Simondewing says, sometimes there are less expensive sources. McMaster does have the quality parts though. If you can't find it, call them and they will find it.

https://www.mcmaster.com/

Looks like a substantial website. Thanks!

Hi DNP. You can also try Buffalo Bearings. A lot of people on this site use them. I like the looks of the Wedge but if I was going to do one over I think I would make heavier axles like a Max. Good luck Mike D.

I'll give them a look. Thanks for the advice. I know chains have to be upgraded as well as sprockets and the clutch/brake baskets. It's a work in progress.......

+ Reply to Thread