JLO Rockwell 295 starter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JLO Rockwell 295 starter

JLO Rockwell 295 starter

Hello, I have a JLO Rockwell 295 motor in my MaxII that is seized. I am currently working to free it up (it has been sitting for 15+ years) but what I will need is an electric starter.
    The bendix is just a big ole' rust heap right now and i am trying to free it up. Does anyone know where to get a new/used starter for the 295 or even a rebuild kit?

Any help would be great!!!

Tyler

This is the same machine that my family always used all winter since the 70's until the mid 90's. I am not sure if this is the original motor or not as no one can remember. I can not find the body tag only the engine tag.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerH View Post
    Hello, I have a JLO Rockwell 295 motor in my MaxII that is seized. I am currently working to free it up (it has been sitting for 15+ years) but what I will need is an electric starter.
    The bendix is just a big ole' rust heap right now and i am trying to free it up. Does anyone know where to get a new/used starter for the 295 or even a rebuild kit?

Any help would be great!!!

Tyler

This is the same machine that my family always used all winter since the 70's until the mid 90's. I am not sure if this is the original motor or not as no one can remember. I can not find the body tag only the engine tag.
    Let me take a look at how many i might have around. It may be a week before I can get to where they're at though so be patient with me on this.

Thanks
    Dave Phelps

I probably have one; I will look when I get home.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I wire brushed the starter and it shows Hitachi s108-34.

I probably know a guy looking also, I had thought it might be a ground issue but appears not.
    You guys can figure out who that would be.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    I probably know a guy looking also, I had thought it might be a ground issue but appears not.
    You guys can figure out who that would be.
    Do I Know this guy??? Is he a Banquet beer fella??

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    You might, no but his son and his idol do, hes more of a brown liquor guy usually.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    You might, no but his son and his idol do, hes more of a brown liquor guy usually.

I need one if someone has extra. The one I have will not spin Don's 295R he sold me. We r thinking starter is weak

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    If I drank beer it would be banquet

Sorry- forgot to check whe. I said. I have one that works and two more on engines down in the shed if anyone still needs one.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread